Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: best programm to make images?
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Graphics, Flash and Multimedia
xxkasperxx
what is going to be the best program i can get, to make really nice, clear images? i am good at coding, but photoshop just dosent cut it, unless im not using it right.. Link and tuts if you can please
Darin McGrew
I've been happy with Gimp, but my demands are fairly limited.
Frederiek
Photoshop is a rather complex program. If you're not comfortable with it, then maybe you shouldn't use it. But since you seem to have Photoshop, search for Photoshop tutorials, as there are many on the web.
xxkasperxx
okay, thanks! and how do i go about cutting it? i dont want to make the whole website a bunch of images floating and positioning like that.. so any ideas? i know that you are suppolsed to cut like the side off.. but when what?
pandy
Are you talking about a layout mockup? Or what? huh.gif
xxkasperxx
no, how to take the images and make the actual site
Frederiek
Only slice or (what I personally prefer) make selections of the parts that really need to be images (such as backgrounds, gradients (if you don't use CSS3 for that), decorative pictures).

Copy the selection into a new file and use Save for Web & Devices under the File menu to save the images.

Of any other parts that consist of flat colors, take note of the (hex) color value, so you can use that as background-color in your CSS.
xxkasperxx
so if i wanted to make a transparent text box.. where text will be, would i want to do that in Photoshop? or css3?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.