Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gordon Smith shopping cart question
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Markup (HTML, XHTML, XML)
xellos16
Hey guys, I'm working on a website assignment that is using the Gordon Smith Shopping cart. Since it comes pre-bundled, there really isn't any problem with the coding. However, after I upload the shoppingcartindex.html to my free web-server, the page is horrible. It seems as though it is perfect when I load it from My Documents. Could someone help point me to where I should start looking to get on track?

How it should look

Right way

How my way looks

My page

Thanks for anyone who looks at this and helps me.
xellos16
QUOTE(xellos16 @ Apr 29 2011, 09:04 PM) *

Hey guys, I'm working on a website assignment that is using the Gordon Smith Shopping cart. Since it comes pre-bundled, there really isn't any problem with the coding. However, after I upload the shoppingcartindex.html to my free web-server, the page is horrible. It seems as though it is perfect when I load it from My Documents. Could someone help point me to where I should start looking to get on track?

How it should look

Right way

How my way looks

My page

Thanks for anyone who looks at this and helps me.

Any thoughts?
pandy
I think it's the HTML comment you've added here that screws things up.

CODE
var en_astr = '<!-- --><script type="text/javascript"...

I don't know, but I'd be wary of any old stuff from HTMLGoodies since it's really old and may not fare well in new browsers. Since this demo page has 'legacy' in the URL I'd be even more wary. I'm not familiar with their new stuff, but the old wasn't all that kosher.
xellos16
QUOTE(pandy @ Apr 29 2011, 11:54 PM) *

I think it's the HTML comment you've added here that screws things up.

CODE
var en_astr = '<!-- --><script type="text/javascript"...

I don't know, but I'd be wary of any old stuff from HTMLGoodies since it's really old and may not fare well in new browsers. Since this demo page has 'legacy' in the URL I'd be even more wary. I'm not familiar with their new stuff, but the old wasn't all that kosher.

I agree, but its for a homework assignment and I am required to use this particular code, so I really don't have a choice in the matter. sad.gif
pandy
I see. Then I'd be wary of what they teach at that course. tongue.gif

Anyhow, did removing the comment work for you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.