Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Image map problem with IE8
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Markup (HTML, XHTML, XML)
sheilamc
Hi - can anyone help with this problem? I have set up image maps on icons at the top right of my design which work fine
http://www.sheilamccallum.co.za/stmarys/ EXCEPT they push down the menu bar underneath out of line. Everything looks good in Firefox. If I take the image map off, IE looks fine (but obviously then I have no links!)
Any suggestions please?
pandy
Are you saying this only happens in IE? If so, what version of IE. I don't see it in my old IE6.

Do I understand it right that it helps to remove only the MAP code and leave the nested table as it is?
sheilamc
QUOTE(pandy @ Apr 14 2010, 06:42 AM) *

Are you saying this only happens in IE? If so, what version of IE. I don't see it in my old IE6.

Do I undersstand it right that it helps to remove only the MAP code and leave the nested table as it is?

Hi - I am using IE8 with Windows XP . It seems once you download 8 you can never go back!

Yes, if I take the MAP code off, it displays fine. Trust me, it has taken me hours to figure out what was causing the problem!
stjepan
I guess you should check validation errors first, there's a lot of them which seem connected to your problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.