Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems with Window/Picture Sizing
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Markup (HTML, XHTML, XML)
kckunkun
I don't know where I went wrong nor how to fix it.

The pictures are supposed to use the entire right column, but now, it's confinded into a small box.
This is the link of the messed up page: http://www.bcautodesign.com/Old_Website/Pr..._R_5Zigen1.html

This is an example of what it's supposed to look like:
http://www.bcautodesign.com/Old_Website/Pr..._Rennsport.html

Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot.
pandy
So what did you change?

FYI in IE6 I don't get any images at all, nothing happens. But in FF they look alright, the same size as on the old page AFAICS.
kckunkun
I moved the previous "Brand New ZR+520" entry to the bottom of the list and added the new "Brand New FN01RC Hot Version".

Previously, the window was MUCH more messed. The left column took up the entire width and the picture viewing area flew down to the bottom underneath the words (the viewing space was also very limited and required me to scroll).

I copied the html code from the Rennsport webpage (the second link up above) onto the screwed up one, and just replaced the middle section containing the all the links and pictures. I was able to change it back to this original format except now, the picture was reduced to this box.
kckunkun
QUOTE(pandy @ Aug 25 2008, 04:30 PM) *

FYI in IE6 I don't get any images at all, nothing happens. But in FF they look alright, the same size as on the old page AFAICS.

Oh. You have to CLICK the links/colours for the picture to pop up (if you didn't do that already). I've been using IE6 with this and there were no problems.
pandy
I clicked. That's how I got the images in FF.
kckunkun
QUOTE(pandy @ Aug 25 2008, 05:35 PM) *

I clicked. That's how I got the images in FF.

It shows up for me in IE6. Try maximizing the window and scroll down? The pictures show up in a small box around the middle of everything... just frekkin messed.
Brian Chandler
The page is evidently a complete mess:
http://htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?u...mp;warnings=yes

The iframe is in a <td> thus <td width="64%" height="100%" ...

There are too many other errors to find the right validator message, but isn't this being interpreted as <td width=64 height=100... i.e. 100 pixels high?
kckunkun
QUOTE(Brian Chandler @ Aug 26 2008, 01:32 AM) *

There are too many other errors to find the right validator message, but isn't this being interpreted as <td width=64 height=100... i.e. 100 pixels high?

No, it's out of 64% and 100%.

FYI, I have little/extreme limited knowledge of using html besides some super basics (like <..../>) I'm just updating my company's site for the summer and the previous guy left some instructions on the uploading pictures stuff.

*sigh* Any tips or ideas as to my problem? =( Or, as you pointed out.. it's hard to find..
kckunkun
Thanks for the help guys, a friend came and helped me out. I think it should be fine now
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.