Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HTML CODE COPYRIGHT
HTMLHelp Forums > Programming > Client-side Scripting
lukkas
wacko.gif On a website I know you can turn right click off so there is no copy/paste option but what about the CTRL C.....I saw a person that people can copy his site but when they go to paste it into there own page it said "DONT STEAL MY AD"? Does anybody know how this was done thanks

Any help would be great thanks
Ty
pandy
It's possible to place text on the Windows clipboard with JavaScript (in some browsers). That's likely what's happening. It's also possible to turn JS off and that's one of the reasons all those tricks are an exercise in futility.
lukkas
What would be an example of an html code that would be very simple and quick
lukkas
I understand to turn off right click but what about This is totally differnt it makes when someone does copy and paste it pastes something diffenernt than what they copied in the same browser
Thanks
Christian J
This sounds like a javascript-related question, so I move the thread there.
pandy
QUOTE(lukkas @ Jun 21 2008, 08:55 PM) *

What would be an example of an html code that would be very simple and quick

There isn't any HTML code. HTML can't do it. If you mean the clipboard trick, just google. Again, it's pointless and often highly annoying (you may want to copy an address or something else).
http://google.com/search?q=JavaScript+Windows+clipboard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.