Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to change font size for landing pages
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Web Site Functionality
DMR440
Hi I'm using the Twenty Twelve theme and want to change the size of my fonts. The H1 heading option isn't big enough for what I want. Here is a link to a page that has the size of fonts/text I'm trying to achieve: http://endofwebreport.com/

This isn't my page nor am I promoting it just to keep things P.C on here. Can anyone point me in the direction for tutorials? I'm pretty much a newbie when it come to HTML and CSS which is why I use WordPress. I cannot afford Thesis theme which would be ideal. Is there a plugin that could make things simpler or do I need to learn CSS or something similar.

This is for a landing page so I'm not worried about SEO.

Thanks for viewing my question, any help would be appreciated.
pandy
Promote away. We need to see the actual page and how font sizes are handled there.
Frederiek
The url to the page is posted.

I looked, but couldn't find a H1 tag in the source. There's only a css for H1 in the embedded css on line 269:
CODE
#launchbk h1 {
    font-family:Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif;
}

Nor can I find any element with an ID of launchbk.

If someone else coded that, they did a bad job, hence the errors reported by the HTML and CSS validators:
http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.c...s&input=yes
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validat...fwebreport.com/
Christian J
QUOTE(DMR440 @ Apr 26 2014, 12:06 PM) *

I'm pretty much a newbie when it come to HTML and CSS which is why I use WordPress. I cannot afford Thesis theme which would be ideal. Is there a plugin that could make things simpler or do I need to learn CSS or something similar.

It's better to learn CSS. There's a basic tutorial right here (top of page).
Christian J
QUOTE(Frederiek @ Apr 26 2014, 02:59 PM) *

The url to the page is posted.

No, that was an example of what the OP wants his font size to look like.
pandy
Ha ha! For once I didn't miss it! You almost had me there, Frederiek! I'm so used to making that mistake. biggrin.gif
Frederiek
Oops blush.gif
You got me there laugh.gif
jimlongo
Maybe it's time to make a sub forum for popular CMSes.
Wordpress, Drupal, etc.,
The answers to a lot of questions doesn't follow the usual advice given to hand coded sites.
And the usual "fix the markup errors" isn't something most people can achieve if they're using a theme that generated those errors.

For instance the answer to this question is
1. make a child theme
2. use the style.css in the child theme to make changes to the desired elements.

If you don't know what make a "child theme" is, then you need to read up on that.
pandy
QUOTE(jimlongo @ Apr 27 2014, 06:54 PM) *

Maybe it's time to make a sub forum for popular CMSes.

We already have one that should fit. I move the thread there.
jimlongo
Okay, I never noticed the subheading before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.