Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Date storing for an action made?
HTMLHelp Forums > Programming > Databases
xxkasperxx
How can I store the date that someone entered somthing?

I have a table with the rows of Name | ADue | APay | Date | Email | Percent | Notes |

So basically when someone pays, I go in and then put that in, and it auto fills the date, but how do i Store that they payed 12.00 on 4/17/13 and then also have 3.00 stored on 3/5/13 ?

Does that make any sense?

I will be doing all of the adding and query's through PHP, but for now I am setting up everything with phpMyAdmin.
xxkasperxx
I figured it out, I create a table for each person, and then create a new row each time something is inserted..
Christian J
I'm no good at DB:s, but couldn't you also use a single table with a new row for each date?

Maybe the best approach depends on how many persons and/or payments there are.
Brian Chandler
QUOTE(xxkasperxx @ Apr 18 2013, 10:28 AM) *

I figured it out, I create a table for each person, and then create a new row each time something is inserted..

If this is a very small ad hoc arrangement this may do, but it isn't really the way to handle things. You need a table of *customers*, including name, address, etc., then a table of *transactions*, including date, amount, customer code etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.