Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: targetting iframes
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Markup (HTML, XHTML, XML)
coral
Ok, my question may seem quite simple but I just can't figure a way of doing this correctly:

- I want to have 2 iframes on the main webpage, so when you click a link it will open on a smaller iframe and then the links on that iframe will then open in the main frame. For example the first link will be called "works" and it will open a page with a list of all my works in the smaller iframe and when you click on one, full details about that work will open on the larger iframe.

I can do this. The problem comes when after you've visited all of these links if you click another one of the main links, such as "contacts" that link is targetted to show on the main frame only so for the rest of your visit to my website you will have the smaller iframe showing up with a list of my works. And I don't want this to happen but I have no idea how to fix this.
I only want to use the smaller iframe for one link but I can't avoid it remaining there while you click the other links.

Any suggestions?
Frederiek
Can you post the url (address) of a page that demonstrates your problem?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.