Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Navigation Bar
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Graphics, Flash and Multimedia
Kevin Beyer Jr.
I am getting back on the wagon and designing a website after about four years since I rebuilt a website for my department in the Navy. I have been tasked with redesigning a website for a local small fan based magazine.

My question is how can I make a website navigation bar that includes the websites graphic/banner preferably centered above the navigation bar. On top of that, is there some way that I can just keep the navigation bar stationary, and when I go to various different webpages affiliated with the website while keeping the navigation bar on top of the screen? I will also need to know how to make some of the primary navigation buttons drop down into secondary categories related to the primary categories.

I hope that this information would be adequate enough to help you point me in the right direction. Thank you for your time in advance.
jimlongo
You could use the css box model to position a div containing your graphics and menu.

You could use a SSI include statement to print it on every page. Something like
CODE
<?php        
include( 'header.html' );
?>

For drop down menus I'd look at some examples at http://www.dynamicdrive.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.