Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HTML PROBLEM! Please help.
vdosc
post Sep 18 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 159

Hello,

I've been posting a html email list signup sheet in outgoing messages in my myspace account for a year now with no problem.

For some reason It's no longer working. Myspace must be changing the html code when the message gets sent?? Is there a way around this problem? Thanks in advance...please find the code I'm using below...

<center><form method="post" action="http://www.aweber.com/scripts/addlead.pl" target="_new"><input type="hidden" name="meta_web_form_id" value="588154229"><input type="hidden" name="meta_split_id" value=""><input type="hidden" name="unit" value="nyc"><input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="http://www.morganclamp.com"><input type="hidden" name="meta_adtracking" value=""><input type="hidden" name="meta_message" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="meta_required" value="from"><input type="hidden" name="meta_forward_vars" value="0"><table><tr><td colspan=2><center></center></td></tr><tr><td>E-mail Address:</td><td><input type="text" name="from" value="" size="20"></td></tr><tr><td>Name:</td><td><input type="text" name="name" value="" size="20"></td></tr><tr><td align="center" colspan="2"><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit"></td></tr></table></form></center>
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Sep 18 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I guess it could be the aweber.com script not working or it could be myspace preventing forms from working in their pages. In what way doesn't it work? Does it look like the form isn't submitted at all or does it seem to work but you don't get any email?

I submitted the form from my local computer and aweber seems to respond. I got this page:
http://www.aweber.com/form-sorry.htm?messa...&data=95601
I guess they didn't like my fake email address. tongue.gif

Could you post the URL to your site so we can see if myspace has tampered with the code?
User is offlinePM
vdosc
post Sep 18 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #3

www.myspace.com/morganclamp

The form works on the myspace page but no longer works when I use it in outgoing messages. The look of the form changes and when the person inputs their email and presses submit, nothing happens.

If you have a myspace account...I could send you the form.

Thanks again,

Chris
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Sep 18 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Do you mean you send it in an HTML email?
User is offlinePM
vdosc
post Sep 18 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #5

yes....myspace.com lets you send html messages to people.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Sep 18 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #6

🌟Computer says no🌟

I see. So you send it from some kind of webmail interface to another myspace member who reads it in webmail? I'm sorry, I don't know. HTML email is a tricky field as it is. It's also possible myspace doesn't like forms in the emails between members anymore. Don't they have some kind of support or a user forum or something? I really think you need to talk to someone who knows myspace.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:54 AM