Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Infinite scroll in Tumblr
annj
post May 17 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,935

Hi everyone,

I have a problem that I really hope someone here could help me with.
I have now spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to add infinite scroll to my Tumblr page and I have tested many solutions available on the web, but nothing seems to work. sad.gif

I myself only know the very basics of HTML and CSS, so I would very much appreciate any help.

I have attached the HTML code of my website to this post.

Many thanks in advance to those wanting to help me and take a look.

This post has been edited by annj: May 17 2014, 07:12 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TUMBLR_CODE.txt ( 26.66k ) Number of downloads: 228
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Frederiek
post May 18 2014, 04:06 AM
Post #2

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

Simply search for "infinite scroll tumblr" on the web to find out how to do that in Tumblr.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post May 18 2014, 04:33 AM
Post #3

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

If you mean the effect where more content is added to the page when you scroll down, I think it's done with jQuery (javascript).

Personally I can't stand that effect. It's disorienting to approach the end of a page and suddenly find yourself in the middle again because new content is added. It also makes a page's footer impossible to reach, which is disorienting if you expect to find one at the bottom.
User is offlinePM
annj
post May 18 2014, 05:43 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(Frederiek @ May 18 2014, 04:06 AM) *

Simply search for "infinite scroll tumblr" on the web to find out how to do that in Tumblr.

Thanks for the reply, but I think I have already read the majority of tutorials on this topic on the web.
I think there is also a possibility that my chosen theme doesn't support infinite scroll or it just takes a lot more work to find a working solution.

This post has been edited by annj: May 18 2014, 05:57 AM
User is offlinePM
annj
post May 18 2014, 05:55 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Christian J @ May 18 2014, 04:33 AM) *

If you mean the effect where more content is added to the page when you scroll down, I think it's done with jQuery (javascript).

Personally I can't stand that effect. It's disorienting to approach the end of a page and suddenly find yourself in the middle again because new content is added. It also makes a page's footer impossible to reach, which is disorienting if you expect to find one at the bottom.

Thanks for your reply. I have given it some thought, but since the contents of my blog is images only, it think it would allow for a better viewing experience, not having to click on the "next" button all the time.

As for jQuery - could you be a bit more specific? I have already tried to add several "infinite scroll" scripts to my code, but none of them really work.
I also have a footer at the bottom of the page at the moment, but I think it could be relocated or maybe deleted altogether, if necessary.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post May 18 2014, 07:35 AM
Post #6

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

QUOTE(annj @ May 18 2014, 12:55 PM) *

since the contents of my blog is images only, it think it would allow for a better viewing experience, not having to click on the "next" button all the time.

The user must still click to scroll down... And if the user wants to go back, it's easier to remember the location of a specific image if there are numbered pages.

As for jQuery - could you be a bit more specific?

JQuery is a javascript library. I have no idea if/how you can add it to Tumblr pages.

I also have a footer at the bottom of the page at the moment, but I think it could be relocated or maybe deleted altogether, if necessary.

The problem is that visitors are used to see footers at the bottom, so even if you move the footer content the user must still find its new location.

User is offlinePM
annj
post May 18 2014, 12:46 PM
Post #7

Ok, guess I'll leave it to that then. Pages it is.

Thanks for thinking along.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:02 AM