> Request for help with HTML on Ebay Auction
futura543
post Mar 22 2014, 02:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,589

Hello HTML Help

Wondering if someone can help me?

I have created a design in Corel Draw which is 1125 pixels Width and 3300 pixels Length.

I am trying to get it to display as a single page in Ebay.

I am using the following code which I got off the Ebay Site.

In order to get the page to display full size you have to add loads of <br> lines.

<table align="center" background="http://www.imagelocation.jpg" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="30" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td>

<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
<br><br><br><br><br><br>
<br><br><br><br><br><br>
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

The problem I am having is the image if not exactly the right width it will start to double up (ie create a kind of wallpaper effect).

However, by experimenting with the width size I have managed to get the width to display correctly.

But the problem I am having is with the length where by when the number of <br> codes get to the bottom of the image it then starts to repeat.

I have tried many combinations but cannot get it to be exactly right and it seems a very mickey mouse way of doing things.

I am assuming that the problem is with this code is it is not framing up the background correctly.

I have looked very hard on the ebay site but cannot find anything about this.

Ebay seems to be driven on very simple HTML code so I dont think this requirement is specific to Ebay?

Hopefully someone might know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

kind regards

futura

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Mar 22 2014, 06:47 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

You never need to use a lot of BR and it doesn't work for your purpose. Change text size in your browser and you'll see why (note - text size, not zoom).

Set the height of the table. Or use CSS for the background image. Then you can set it to not repeat.
http://htmlhelp.com/reference/css/color-ba...und-repeat.html

Why do you use a table though? Since you can fill it with BR tags it looks like you don't plan to fill it with anything else. If that is true, why don't you just use a background image? Can't you just use a normal inline image?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 10:58 PM