... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> HTML form
hisyedadil
post May 30 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,197

i got a html ready made code for the form. When i click send, i get a mail but no content of what is filled in the form, the form which i receive is empty. that means the php code is correct as i get the mail to my id, have used sendform.php code before and it works fine. the html code needs some changes.
here is the code

<form action="sendform.php" method="post" id="form" >
<fieldset>
<label><input type="text" value="Name" onBlur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Name'" onFocus="if(this.value =='Name' ) this.value=''"></label>
<label><input type="text" value="Email" onBlur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Email'" onFocus="if(this.value =='Email' ) this.value=''"></label>
<label><input type="text" value="Mobile no" onBlur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Mobile no'" onFocus="if(this.value =='Mobile no' ) this.value=''"></label>
<label><textarea onBlur="if(this.value==''){this.value='Message'}" onFocus="if(this.value=='Message'){this.value=''}">Message</textarea></label>
<div class="btns"><a href="#" class="button">Clear</a><a href="sendform.php" class="button" onClick="document.getElementById('form').submit()">Send</a></div>
</fieldset>
</form>

I even know i have to make some changes here, but dont know where exactly do i make changes so that i get the completely filled form to my e-mail address.

<div class="btns"><a href="#" class="button">Clear</a><a href="sendform.php" class="button" onClick="document.getElementById('form').submit()">Send</a></div>
</fieldset>
</form>

Please note: i get the form twice to my e-mail. dont know why. i am an amateur.
Please help, your help will be really appreciated. for any more info mail me at hisyedadil@yahoo.co.in

This post has been edited by hisyedadil: May 30 2012, 03:28 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
1q2w3e4r
post May 31 2012, 12:10 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,200

You can use <placeholder="text"> to replace ><textarea onBlur="if(this.value==''){this.value='Message'}" onFocus="if(this.value=='Message'){this.value=''}">

also, posting a pastebin link to your python script could prove to be helpful, possibly.

This post has been edited by 1q2w3e4r: May 31 2012, 12:11 AM
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post May 31 2012, 01:39 AM
Post #3

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

Why do you use an A element to submit the form? Why not use a normal submit button, using INPUT type="submit"?

The HREF of A probably causes the form to submit twice, as it's already triggered by the form's ACTION.

@1q2w3e4r
Placeholder is an attribute, not an HTML element, and not all browsers support it.

--------------------
"The earth does not belong to us. We belong to the earth."
from Vue du ciel (in French)

"Leave scepticism to others and take action"
from HOME by Goodplanet

An inconvenient truth by Al Gore
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 10:32 PM