post Dec 6 2011, 11:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,008

My blog is:

minkoffpictures.tumblr.com

It uses the "Astronaut" theme.

The issue:

The "next/previous" buttons for pages and individual posts are at the bottom left.

It would be better for me if these buttons were near the top. I'm thinking just under the grey blog description bar, and
aligned with the far right end of the bar. I think there's enough space that the buttons would fit between blog posts and bar without
overlapping anything.

Or I might go with "next" under bar on right edge, "previous" under bar on left edge.

A change like this would make navigating through individual posts much more natural and easy, in my opinion. Right now, you often have to scroll down to get to these buttons.

I believe there must be some bit of CSS code that would make this happen.

Any help would be tremendous.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by johnminkough: Dec 6 2011, 11:33 AM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
johnminkough
post Jan 6 2012, 12:20 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,008

Well now I have a different theme, but a similar concern. This one is great but has no permalink navigation at all.
Some arrows or next/previous buttons near the tops of the images would be a big improvement. Don't know how, though.

QUOTE(johnminkough @ Dec 6 2011, 10:15 AM) *

My blog is:

minkoffpictures.tumblr.com

It uses the "Astronaut" theme.

The issue:

The "next/previous" buttons for pages and individual posts are at the bottom left.

It would be better for me if these buttons were near the top. I'm thinking just under the grey blog description bar, and
aligned with the far right end of the bar. I think there's enough space that the buttons would fit between blog posts and bar without
overlapping anything.

Or I might go with "next" under bar on right edge, "previous" under bar on left edge.

A change like this would make navigating through individual posts much more natural and easy, in my opinion. Right now, you often have to scroll down to get to these buttons.

I believe there must be some bit of CSS code that would make this happen.

Any help would be tremendous.

Thanks.

User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Jan 6 2012, 10:27 AM
Post #3

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

The regulars here generally know very little about Tumblr. We can help you with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc., but you'd be more likely to get an answer at a Tumblr-specific forum for anything specific to Tumblr (like permalinks and other navigation).
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:56 AM