Reply to this topicStart new topic
> adGridWork Free Contextual Ad Network, Yep... it's really free
John Pozadzides
post Dec 4 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #1

WDG Founder

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

I would call adGridWork a modern day version of the old WebRing concept. Only this modern equivalent works pretty much the same way Google AdWords do - they employ a contextual based engine to serve up ads.

Here is what they have to say:
So you've tried using Adwords to promote your product, but the small amount of exposure you get is not worth the 50 cents it's costing you everytime a user clicks your ad. And Adsense is just not cutting it. I mean seriously, do people even make money using that (besides Google of course). Hands down, The SINGLE biggest problem that any startup faces is finding a balance between promoting their site and managing advertising expenses.

That's Where We Come In
We want to create a community of businesses, blogs and startups that all need to advertise their product without spending a dime!

And how will we pull this off?
Sharing. It's simple, we will serve your ads on targeted and related websites, if you in turn display ads for other users. Think about it as old-school Banner Exchange with a middle-man (us) to take care of the ad serving, coding, metrics, and other technical stuff. Better yet, think BitTorrent for ad distribution: you serve ads for other users and they serve them for you.

In practice I found the site to be very, very simple and fast to use. I signed up and had ads running within 5 minutes. All in all it seems like a very useful service for people who would like to participate in an ad sharing network.

John

--------------------
John Pozadzides
Founder, WDG
My latest Blog posts:
One Man's Blog
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
JamieHarrop
post Dec 4 2006, 06:34 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 570

I had one big bone with this and that was I assumed the ads displayed on my site wouldn't be targetted, and my ad wouldn't be displayed to a targetted market. One click to their Web site and I see ad targetting plays a larger role in this. Great!

John, when you got he ads running, how targetted were the ads in relation to your content?

--------------------
- Jamie
User is offlinePM
John Pozadzides
post Dec 6 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #3

WDG Founder

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(JamieHarrop @ Dec 4 2006, 05:34 AM) *
John, when you got he ads running, how targetted were the ads in relation to your content?

Well, I took the ads down now because I worried that Google might consider them truly contextual ads and in that case they couldn't exist with my AdSense ads.

However, they were indeed contextual in the sense that you choose a category for your blog (I chose personal weblog) and it shows ads from other sites within the same category. In my case it was showing ads for other personal sites.

The only drawbacks that I could find were that the ads being displayed were a little unprofessional in some cases. But if all you're looking to do is trade traffic with other folks this honestly seems like a pretty useful option. Especially if they get more subscribers.

John

--------------------
John Pozadzides
Founder, WDG
My latest Blog posts:
One Man's Blog
User is offlinePM
stardir
post Feb 13 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,726

I got a problem with it - it retards my website...loads to slowly and hangs everything.

--------------------
StarDir web directory

don't forget to study physics
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 06:00 AM