Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Html, Fireworks menu and Iframes
MR Novice
post Oct 4 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 330

Hi, Hope someone can help.

I have created a menu bar in fireworks. One of the buttons has a dropdown menu.

I have created an html page and imported the fireworks menu bar and called it menubar.html.

I have created a seperate html page i.e mainpage.html with an Iframe which points to the html page with the menu bar.

<iframe id="frametwo" name="frametwo" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" src="menubar.html" frameborder="0" noresize width="780" height="27" scrolling="no">
</iframe>

When viewing the mainpage.html in Internet explorer the dropdown menu does not appear, but if I viewed menubar.html on its own in Internet explorer it works.

Is there something in the Iframe code that i'm missing......so frustrating.

Please be aware that I am a novice and need any solutions explaining in idiot guide form....thanks very much.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Oct 4 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Is there something else than the menu on menubar.html so you can see that the right page is loaded?

It would be easier if you could upload the lot and give us the URL. It's hard to guess what's wrong. blink.gif
User is offlinePM
MR Novice
post Oct 5 2006, 07:26 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(pandy @ Oct 5 2006, 12:35 AM) *

Is there something else than the menu on menubar.html so you can see that the right page is loaded?

It would be easier if you could upload the lot and give us the URL. It's hard to guess what's wrong. blink.gif

Hi

The html page loads into the the Iframe no problem. It doesnt show the dropdown menu on one of the buttons when you put your mouse over it.

I will upload what I have and let you know when I have done it.

Thanks
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Oct 5 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #4

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

Only SELECT menu's stay on top of everything else in a page, even pass frame borders. But since you created your own (in this case in FireWorks), the menu stays within the iframe itself, which is not big enough to show the whole (dropped-down) menu.

Instead, use a <div> layer or include the file through SSI (server side include) within the main page.
User is offlinePM
MR Novice
post Oct 5 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Frederiek @ Oct 5 2006, 09:20 PM) *

Only SELECT menu's stay on top of everything else in a page, even pass frame borders. But since you created your own (in this case in FireWorks), the menu stays within the iframe itself, which is not big enough to show the whole (dropped-down) menu.

Instead, use a <div> layer or include the file through SSI (server side include) within the main page.

Thanks. SSI here I come....
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:49 AM