Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ok folks... I need help
John Pozadzides
post Mar 7 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #1

WDG Founder

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

So, I'm at a point where I'm about to shoot myself. I've got several sites running on my old server which I need to move to my new server. The most important of which is my personal Blog. To complicate matters, one of my articles is on the home page at Digg again, bringing my old server to it's knees.

Here are my biggest challenges:
  • The old server is running MySQL 3.23, so my blog's database is in that format. The new server has MySQL 4.x. As I understand it you have to go through some sort of conversion process, but I've had multiple issues trying to figure it out.
  • I have in no way tweaked Apache, PHP, MySQL or anything else on either server. They are exactly as they came from 1&1, however as I understand it there are quite a few things which can be done to make a huge difference in the load they can handle (Like this, this or this). Basically I need someone to tweak the hell out of my server settings.
  • I probably need a PHP accelerator and or something like this to help out. But again I just can't set it up.
So, I'm looking for someone who can help me get my database migrated over and the server tweaked to handle routine Diggs/Slashdots/Whatever. If you're good with Apache, Linux and this kind of stuff in general please let me know if you're willing to help out and what your rate would be (just shoot me a PM).

If I can't get one of the trusted regulars here to help me with this I'm planning on posting it on Elance, but I'd be much happier to use someone I know from the boards here. I'm also happy to serve as a reference for anyone that can solve my dilema.

Please let me know if you can help out.

Thanks,

John
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:52 AM