Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reload Part of a Page, Reloading a CSS Emulated Frame
Bob C
post Nov 28 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,214

I am not an experienced web developer. In fact, I am an engineer working in the envirojnmental, health and safety (EH&S) field. The web page I am developing is a tool to be used by our project managers to get guidance in determining potential EH&S-related project costs. It is written using html, vbscript, css and very little javascript. I know html and vbscript fairly well but am relatively new to javascript and css.

I cannot provide access to the web page as I am developing it off-line but I have attached a text file containing the underlying code. This web page is a form consisting of three (3) sections, each created using css to emulate frames. The first section is a header containing limited information and asking the user to input his/her name, project description, etc. The second section is a set of tabs corresponding to answers provided in the third and final section. The third section consists of a set of 24 yes and no questions. For each yes answer given by the user, a new set of questions appears. In addition, I want to update the tabs section (Emulated section 2) by adding a tab that links to the new set of questions.

The first section is made up of text and input boxes. The second section contains a vbscript file that writes a two-row table containing up to 24 tabs. The third section is made up of text and checkboxes. The onClick action for each checkbox activates a script file that opens the related set of questions in the third section and counts the number of yes checkboxes. It is this updated number of yes checkboxes that I want to use to update the tabs in section 2.

When initially loaded, the page looks and acts correctly. I can get everything to work except for the code that updates the number of tabs appearing in section 2. That is what I want to dynamically update every time a checkbox in section 3 is clicked. This is the crux of my problem. How can I update the tabs appearing in section 2 (a css emulated frame) without affecting the information appearing in either section 1 or section 3 (css emulated frames)? Any help that you or others can provide will be very much appreciated.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  temp.txt ( 223.18k ) Number of downloads: 384
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Nov 28 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

This isn't really a CSS issue. It's a client-side scripting issue. I'm moving the thread...
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:22 AM