Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> repositioning <div> for Adsene optimisation purposes
rugbymike
post Aug 15 2007, 04:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,562

I have just started to rework a site, discount laptops advisor in order primarily to make site maintenance and addition of fresh content a bit more user friendly (for me anyway). As part of the rebuild I have opted to use a very nice template from oswd and I am quite pleased with my efforts so far. The rebuild is not finished by the way, I am about to start using ssi includes for the header, left column, right column and footer. My thinking is that as the site builds up, changing one file for all pages will make things a bit easier.

Howerver, there is one thing I would like to be able to test with this site. I understand that the Google adsense code placed on pages is prioritised so that the first Adsense block in the HTML contains the highest paying adverts.

The way my page is showing in the source code at present, the main content area falls below the left and right columns. I would like to understand how to reposition it higher in the Html without affecting the formatting. I am guessing it is something to do with the style sheet as just moving the div does not work.

I attach the css file, and also the index html for the open source template.

I dont mind not being spoon fed but would really welcome some help even if you can just give me a nudge in the right direction.

Best Regards, Mike

Attached File(s)
Attached File  andreas09.css ( 4.21k ) Number of downloads: 280
Attached File  index.html ( 4.82k ) Number of downloads: 195
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:05 AM