Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best way to create Web form that works with paypal
johnnyb
post Aug 19 2016, 07:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,655

I nned to create a form on a website that will allow the user to enter a list of information including name, address, phone, along with other fields such as proerty location, finance numbers, etc, etc, like 10-15 fields to fill in then send the information to me via email, after a payment option is completed with paypal. I need all this information from the user but also want paypal to handle the transaction. What woulld you peolpe sugest for this on where to start?

I do know how to set up the paypal side but dont know what to use to create the form and allow it to only send this information after the transaction is complete?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Aug 19 2016, 08:00 PM
Post #2

Don't like donuts. Don't do MySpace.

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I don't think you can do that, not exactly the way you describe. To have the email sent to you first after the payment has been made would require interaction from PP. You have no way of checking yourself, from your site, that the user went through with the payment.
User is offlinePM
johnnyb
post Aug 20 2016, 08:13 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(pandy @ Aug 19 2016, 09:00 PM) *

I don't think you can do that, not exactly the way you describe. To have the email sent to you first after the payment has been made would require interaction from PP. You have no way of checking yourself, from your site, that the user went through with the payment.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood, I do want the information after the transaction is complete..
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Aug 20 2016, 09:16 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7

If I understood correctly, you want to send some parts of the form to Paypal, and other parts as an email to yourself? I don't think that's possible with HTML alone.

Perhaps a server-side script can do it. After sending the email, the script must then make a POST request to Paypal with the other form data. This page suggests a few ideas with PHP: http://lornajane.net/posts/2010/three-ways...equest-from-php but I've never tried it myself.

Maybe it can also be done (less reliably) with javascript/Ajax.
User is offlinePM
johnnyb
post Aug 20 2016, 12:11 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Christian J @ Aug 20 2016, 10:16 AM) *

If I understood correctly, you want to send some parts of the form to Paypal, and other parts as an email to yourself? I don't think that's possible with HTML alone.

Perhaps a server-side script can do it. After sending the email, the script must then make a POST request to Paypal with the other form data. This page suggests a few ideas with PHP: http://lornajane.net/posts/2010/three-ways...equest-from-php but I've never tried it myself.

Maybe it can also be done (less reliably) with javascript/Ajax.

I actually dont need paypal to get any of the information other than whats required for payment process. After the payment is completed I want all the form data they filled in to be sent to me.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Aug 20 2016, 12:53 PM
Post #6

I don't know if I misunderstood or not, but you keep repeating that you want the form data emailed to you first AFTER the payment is completed. I don't see how you can, with a script, check that the user actually went through with the payment.

If the above isn't a requirement I was going to suggest the same thing Christian did. I think that would be possible.
User is offlinePM
johnnyb
post Aug 20 2016, 12:56 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(pandy @ Aug 20 2016, 01:53 PM) *

I don't know if I misunderstood or not, but you keep repeating that you want the form data emailed to you first AFTER the payment is completed. I don't see how you can, with a script, check that the user actually went through with the payment.

If the above isn't a requirement I was going to suggest the same thing Christian did. I think that would be possible.

Well the information has to be sent some way. I said after the payment cause what happens if they dont pay then the data would not be processed anyway...
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Aug 20 2016, 03:17 PM
Post #8

Yeah, of course. But again, your server can't interact with PP to learn if they really made the payment.

I think the best you can do is what Christian suggested. Then you have to weed out the form submitters that didn't follow through and paid.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Aug 20 2016, 04:57 PM
Post #9

Online stores seem to have a way to check that you've make a payment reservation at Paypal, but I don't know how it works.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Aug 20 2016, 05:05 PM
Post #10

Yeah, I've bought online services that have been available the second I've paid. They must have different setups. Don't know how it works either, but I doubt those things are available to the ordinary PP button user.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Aug 20 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #11

In any case you'd need a server-side script to handle the payment confirmation from Paypal, and the script would need to store the user data meant for the email (perhaps in a database) until the Paypal confirmation arrives.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2019 - 08:56 AM