Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need your review and critiques
alexo
post Dec 27 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,363

Hello

Pls review our new website (as i know, there are few things, that aren't complete- comment and bookmarks), i hope that it will be finished during this weekend.

Severe Hypertension Network

your advice will be appreciated
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Dec 27 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Why do you use an XHTML Strict doctype when the markup is netiher XHTML nor Strict? It's HTML Trans.
http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.c...s&input=yes
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Dec 27 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #3

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

You start off by setting the font size to 62.5% of the font size I've configured my browser to use. That isn't a very good start.

You have links that don't work when JavaScript is disabled/unavailable. Put a real URL in the href attribute. For example,
CODE
<a href="" onclick="javascript:launchPopup('/feedback.html','Have a Question', 500, 450, true, true, true, false);return false;">Have a Question !</a>
should be something like
CODE
<a href="/feedback.html" onclick="javascript:launchPopup('/feedback.html','Have a Question', 500, 450, true, true, true, false);return false;">Have a Question !</a>

Also, you don't need the "javascript:" prefix for onclick and other event handlers. Actually, you should never use the "javascript:" prefix, because the only time you need it is in a pseudo-URL for the href attribute, and you should use real URLs there instead (putting the JavaScript in the onclick and other event handlers).

You use a fixed-width layout.

You use red and green for links, and you use red and green for non-links. That seems rather confusing. I have to scrub the page with the mouse to figure out what's a link and what isn't.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:36 PM