The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do I include video in forum reply?
johnny5izalive
post Feb 24 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,203

Hello everyone,

As you can see, I am new to your forum, which I must say is full of very useful information. A matter of fact, there is so much information that I am little overwhelmed by it all. I am a Global Moderator for a well known non-profit computer support forum. What I wish to accomplish is this:

I would like to create tutorials that will include such things as how to perform a basic computer tune-up, and how to use certain programs to accomplish the task. I find myself retyping, over and over again, certain computer related tasks that are more or less related to every Windows-based computer.

I am using Camtasia Studio to record the screen, in-turn, that creates a .camrec (camtasia) file, but I have the option to save it as an .AVI file, which I do. I am trying to use a program called Flash Video Studio to convert the .AVI file into, of course, a Flash Video.

The problem is that Flash Video Studio creates an HTML file, and when I double click it to open the file, it opens up in it's own Windows Explorer (like a web page). I really would like to avoid posting the newly created video on YouTube using our "Insert Media" option.

Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Is there a converter that will take the .AVI file and produce embedded code?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am trying to surprise the other site moderators and hopefully begin the process of turning a large majority of the sites 7-10 years worth of typed computer tutorials into video. It would allow us to provide quicker support to those in need. The topic poster could then watch the video as many times as they wish, thus reducing the topic "bumps" because they do not understand something that was typed out step-by-step.

Quick Update: I just found out that our forum does not allow flash video to be posted

This post has been edited by johnny5izalive: Feb 24 2010, 09:05 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Feb 24 2010, 08:59 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Depends on the forum software. Does it allow HTML in posts? Does it provide another way to include video in posts, by BBCode or whatever?

If you can't get it to work, why not just include a titillating screen cap from the video and link it to another page at your site (outside the forum) where the full video can be seen?
User is offlinePM
johnny5izalive
post Feb 24 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #3

Thanks for the quick reply Pandy,

Well I just found out that the forum does not allow the posting of flash content.

I can link to an Imageshack and of course there aren't issues with posting a YouTube video.

I guess I will have to live with either one or the other.

Here is a link to the video at ImageShack: My imageshack video

I am a Global Moderator for 5 Star Support

Here is a link to one of my topics, in case you need to verify that I am who I say I am and not some creepy guy posting creepy things smile.gif

Johhny5izAlive at 5 Star Support

One other question: The videos that are produced by Camtasia seem fine, but I really need to be able to incorporate a lot of full screen recording and clarity seems to be an issue when viewed in fullscreen mode. Can you suggest other programs similar but that may be better than Camtasia?

The ImageShack Video that I included, was recorded in Camtasia HD. Not very pleased.

This post has been edited by johnny5izalive: Feb 24 2010, 09:26 PM
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Feb 24 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Not my thing, video, but I've heard only good things about Camtasia. Which I at one point used to have myself. Whatever happened with that, I wonder?
User is offlinePM
johnny5izalive
post Feb 25 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #5

Pandy,

Thanks for the help. Camtasia and Snagit are really nice. I believe the reason the full-screen playback is a little fuzzy, might be because I am using a 23" monitor. I have dual 23"'s but I am thinking of connecting a third monitor (17.5") and see if the results are different.

I think I will spend a little more time perusing your site. There seems to be a rather extensive world of web design that I never really knew existed.

Do you have any experience using Microsoft Expression? If you do, what do you think about it? A client of mine would like to design a web page and was interested in using it.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Feb 25 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #6

🌟Computer says no🌟

Nope. I never use that kind of programs myself and we haven't seen its traces here yet.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 11:07 AM