... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> encType, IE adding a encType to form method post
JGreene
post Jun 4 2018, 12:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,653

Fairly new to all of this and this problem has got me baffled. I have a test and a production system that are not acting the same. I have a web page that is using a simple send_mail.php program. I have the normal three boxes for entering text. NAME, Email address, Comments. And I have coded placeholder with those labels so they show in the boxes. With my test system these labels show up and the php works and I get my email.

With my production system, these labels don’t show up in Internet Explore. In Chrome and Firefox the do.
In IE when I go to the Developer Tools. I see a encType added to my form code. This is in the production system. It doesn’t show up in the test system.

Here is that code from my production system

<form action=”send_mail.php” encType=”application/x-www-form-urlencoded” method=”post”>

I guess I don’t understand where the encType came from and why it shows only in the production system with IE.
I first thought it was my http.conf file but I believe test and production are the same.
I thought it was the mime file but I believe these are the same.
The php.ini is the same and the html and css is the same along with the PHP program.
I would be grateful for any insight to this.

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:41 PM