Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Turning webpages into a mobile app
dmkelgin
post May 13 2011, 03:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,540

Hi Guys,
I'm looking for some general help turning a website into a mobile app.

Here's what I want -
I want to create a webpage which is basically a timetable.
This timetable will have hyperlinks to other pages.
The other pages will have links back to the timetable.

This part I am fine with.

I then want to turn these webpages into a downloadable app which can be installed and viewed on mobile phones without the need to be connected to the Internet.

That is the part I have no idea how to go about. Any help would be greatfully received, thanks.

DMKElgin
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Brian Chandler
post May 13 2011, 05:09 AM
Post #2

Jocular coder

Member No.: 43

I then want to turn these webpages into a downloadable app which can be installed and viewed on mobile phones without the need to be connected to the Internet.That is the part I have no idea how to go about. Any help would be greatfully received, thanks.

Well, if you don't know how to create a "mobile app" (whatever that is, exactly), you will need to learn. I can't imagine you will find any magic buttons that just "convert" a website into a program for something else, since they are quite different things.

Unless it's a question of taking a snapshot of the website as a static html document set...
User is offlinePM
dmkelgin
post May 13 2011, 06:10 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,540

My appologies for being unclear in my original post.

What I want to do is create a school timetable in html. It will be in a table format. It will have 5 rows for the days of the week and 6 columns for the periods. Inside each cell there will be a piece of text. The text will be the name of the subject at that time. When the user clicks on the text they will be taken to a different page with some information about that subject - teacher, room etc. and a link back to the timetable.
This I can do.

What I then want to be able to do is turn this set of webpages into a downloadable package which can be installed and viewed on someones mobile phone/ipod without them being connected to the Internet. I am guessing there would need to be differently compiled versions to run on iphone/ipod, windows and android phones.

Is this possible? Is there free software which will compile this for me?

Thanks again for any help smile.gif

DMKElgin
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post May 13 2011, 12:37 PM
Post #4

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

A little work with Google turned up O'Reilly's Building Android Apps with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but I've never created an Android app from a web page myself.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:46 AM