Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Moo FX, Do you use these ?
UptonGirl
post Feb 16 2009, 06:31 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

Do any of you use the Moo FX aps to add menus or accordions?

I don' think I'm downloading the correct file, since all I get is a text file with lines and lines of random code. I'm not very JavaScript savvy - so was hoping for a simpler interface. I'm told the Dreamweaver Spry assets are not as functional as they should be - particularly when it comes to navigation by keyboard as opposed to mouse.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Frederiek
post Feb 16 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #2

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

Moo FX goes either with prototype.js ( http://www.prototypejs.org/ ) or with mootools.js ( http://mootools.net/ ). You need to download either of these javascript frameworks first and then the appropriate Moo FX script.

It would be most logical to go for mootools, hence the name.
User is offlinePM
UptonGirl
post Feb 16 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Frederiek @ Feb 16 2009, 01:43 PM) *

Moo FX goes either with prototype.js ( http://www.prototypejs.org/ ) or with mootools.js ( http://mootools.net/ ). You need to download either of these javascript frameworks first and then the appropriate Moo FX script.

It would be most logical to go for mootools, hence the name.

Well, you see, that's the part that has me so befuddled. i have tried each of the three files listed at: http://mootools.net/download - but was expecting some sort of interface, like, say Dr. Java. (and yes - I know that's a different language) In fact, at one point I could have SWORN i saw such a thing - but - no joy for me sad.gif .

Just to clarify further -

it's just an example ( but every file I download form the moo tools site look like this: (color added to show exactly what i clipped form the text file):

----start example ---

/MooTools, <http://mootools.net>, My Object Oriented (JavaScript) Tools. Copyright © 2006-2008 Valerio Proietti, <http://mad4milk.net>, MIT Style License.

var MooTools={'version':'1.2.1','build':'0d4845aab3d9a4fdee2f0d4a6dd59210e4b697cf'}; var Native=function(options){options=options||{};var name=options.name;var legacy=options.legacy;var protect=options.protect;var methods=options.implement;var generics=options.generics;var initialize=options.initialize;var afterImplement=options.afterImplement||function(){};var object=initialize||legacy;generics=generics!==false;object.constructor=Native;ob ject.$family={name:'native'};if(legacy&&initialize)object.prototype=legacy.proto type;object.prototype.constructor=object;if(name){var family=name.toLowerCase();object.prototype.$family={name:family};Native.typize(o bject,family);}
var

----SNIP = end example ---

and so on - Beyond recognizing it as programming code and having some very basic familiarity with OOP-like terms, I'm clueless. blush.gif

This post has been edited by UptonGirl: Feb 16 2009, 08:34 PM
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Feb 17 2009, 03:40 AM
Post #4

Programming Fanatic

Never mind what it looks like. Don't even try to understand such frameworks.
I suppose you dwnloaded one of the compressed files. All you need to do is reference a link to the .js file in the HEAD of your page, something like this:
<script src="mootools.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

User is offlinePM
UptonGirl
post Feb 17 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Frederiek @ Feb 17 2009, 03:40 AM) *

Never mind what it looks like. Don't even try to understand such frameworks.
I suppose you dwnloaded one of the compressed files. All you need to do is reference a link to the .js file in the HEAD of your page, something like this:
<script src="mootools.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Hmmm . . . Well, i guess i'll have to play with that since 1) I imagine i'm not going to even close to all the command in that file on any one project and 2) i'm not sure what's next. BTW - right now I use Dreamweaver CS3 and do some tweaks to code. I'm starting to want to understand more than just the HTML and some CSS - but so far, don't much.

Ev
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Feb 18 2009, 03:11 AM
Post #6

Programming Fanatic

If you want to learn and understand Javascript, then you shouldn't start with a framework. I suggest you go to http://www.javascriptkit.com where you'll find references, tutorials and sample scripts.

As for Moo, I don't know what you want to do with that. You'll need to read the documentation on how to implement and use it and its plug-ins, such as Moo FX.
User is offlinePM
UptonGirl
post Feb 19 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Frederiek @ Feb 18 2009, 03:11 AM) *

If you want to learn and understand Javascript, then you shouldn't start with a framework. I suggest you go to http://www.javascriptkit.com where you'll find references, tutorials and sample scripts.

Thanks for the reference, Frederiek. Here is my primary concern with Dreamweaver: I've heard a lot of p*ssing and moaning about how the Spry Widgets are not up to snuff. Primarily because they don't allow for easy keyboard navigation, and presume everyone is using a mouse. And yes, I woud like to be able to edit the JS myself.

As of next week - I'll be using DWCS4.
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Feb 19 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #8

Programming Fanatic

I'm not familiar with DW, nor with its Spry Widgets. You might be able to add accesskeys to links and such.

Anyway, good luck!
User is offlinePM
UptonGirl
post Feb 20 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Frederiek @ Feb 19 2009, 01:18 PM) *

I'm not familiar with DW, nor with its Spry Widgets. You might be able to add accesskeys to links and such.

Anyway, good luck!

Thanks -- There is something VERY OT I just have to tell you. And no offense ment - I hope you can see the humor.

I have a standard poodle. (the BIG kind) He's a great dog - but we don't do "frou-frou" at all. He has a simple haircut, and a simple name: Fred.

Most people seem to get it - he's a dog, not a fashion statement - but once in a while people will says "Fred?! Just Fred?! Surely that's his CALL name, not his REGISTERED name!?" (I never did bother to register Fred, though he is eledgable) So, I tell those people his reg name is Frederiek Von Belcher of Whoknows Kennels (In fact, he came from a breeder in Blechertown, MA - so why not? tongue.gif )
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Feb 20 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #10

Programming Fanatic

Did you start saying that after you had seen my name?

In fact, my name is a female Dutch name, just like the French Frédérique.
In English, there doesn't seem to be an equivalent.
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Feb 20 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #11

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

FWIW, one of my favorite quartets is/was named Fred.

And the English equivalent would be Frederica. Or maybe Winifred, although I'm used to that one being shortened to Winnie, thanks to the TV show The Wonder Years.
User is offlinePM
UptonGirl
post Feb 20 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Frederiek @ Feb 20 2009, 12:11 PM) *

Did you start saying that after you had seen my name?

In fact, my name is a female Dutch name, just like the French Frédérique.
In English, there doesn't seem to be an equivalent.

Nope - been saying it since he was 12 weeks old and people started giving me poodle *beep* biggrin.gif

And - the way I say it is Fred-er-rick

It just kind of came to me one day.

He actually came with the name Fred. The daughter of his breeder (who was 5 at the time) started calling him "Ready Freddy" because he was the puppy they tied a red ribbon to when he was born (colored ribbon is how the "mark" the pups at birth to keep track)

User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 09:45 PM