Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Use Another Website's Background as My Own
lostoam311
post Mar 21 2008, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,259

[color=#006600][b]
I would like to be able to use another website's background and layout as my own. I currently use 'Kompozer' to edit my website and 'Smart FTP' to publish it to the web.

I found a website with the layout and background colors that I would like to use for my own. I am having trouble being able to publish it...

Here is what I've done so far....

1. I Opened Kompozer; Clicked on Open Web Location; entered the page url that I want to edit; edited the page and clicked on save. I saved file as index.html

2. I opened Smart FTP and clicked and dragged and dropped the index.html file (saved to my computer) over to public_html.

3. This only transferred the text NOT the background layout. So, then I tried to save the actual webpage (with the background and layout that I want) to my computer by going to internet explorer, going to the exact webpage and saving it to my computer. Then I opened Smart FTP, clicked and dragged and dropped the Saved File over to public_html.

This did not work either....

Can anyone help me with this?? Above is what I've done so far. When I type in my website, it only comes up with the my text that I've entered, but not the background layout or image.

I appreciate any help that is offered!

Thanks,

Jon
JonGardner1@gmail.com
813-767-5476
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Mar 22 2008, 12:51 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Well, the image isn't "in" the HTML. You need to upload the image and reference it correctly, either that is done in the HTML or in style sheet.

I think you need to start here. smile.gif
http://htmlhelp.com/faq/html/docs.html#about-html

That said, it isn't very nice to just take someone else's HTML and graphics and make them your own.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:53 PM