The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where's my prize?, I'm member number 1000!
Nigel
post Nov 22 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #1

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,000

I just noticed that I'm member number 1000.

Will the administrators please tell me what my prize is?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Nov 22 2006, 03:14 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

IPB Image IPB Image
User is offlinePM
John Pozadzides
post Nov 28 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #3

WDG Founder

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

I must say, that is pretty cool Nigel. I guess you get to join the illustrious ranks of a small number of members whose numbers start with one and have nothing but zeros after it. smile.gif

Let's see, member number 1 is Liam Quinn... I don't know who member number 10 or 100 are (and the admin area doesn't let me search by that characteristic)... you've picked up 1,000... I guess we'll see who ends up with 10,000 etc. from now on.

John
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Nov 28 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(John Pozadzides @ Nov 28 2006, 08:42 PM) *

I don't know who member number 10 or 100 are

That would be zHosting Soultions and calvin. I have super powers. cool.gif
User is offlinePM
Nigel
post Nov 28 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #5

Novice

QUOTE(John Pozadzides @ Nov 29 2006, 06:42 AM) *

I must say, that is pretty cool Nigel. I guess you get to join the illustrious ranks of a small number of members whose numbers start with one and have nothing but zeros after it. smile.gif

Let's see, member number 1 is Liam Quinn... I don't know who member number 10 or 100 are (and the admin area doesn't let me search by that characteristic)... you've picked up 1,000... I guess we'll see who ends up with 10,000 etc. from now on.

John

Don't you think this should apply also in other number systems? Thus prizes are due, on account of their binary excellence, to members number 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 and then 1024, 2048, etc. The octal and hexadecimal prizewinners are of course already included there. The decimal system should be retained as well, for I have no wish to forfeit my own prize.
User is offlinePM
Peter1968
post Nov 28 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #6

Serious Coder

Member No.: 213

Let's see, member number 1 is Liam Quinn... I don't know who member number 10 or 100 are (and the admin area doesn't let me search by that characteristic)...

http://forums.htmlhelp.com/index.php?showuser=xx where xx is a number.
User is offlinePM
John Pozadzides
post Nov 30 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #7

WDG Founder

QUOTE(Nigel @ Nov 28 2006, 04:52 PM) *
Don't you think this should apply also in other number systems? Thus prizes are due, on account of their binary excellence, to members number 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 and then 1024, 2048, etc. The octal and hexadecimal prizewinners are of course already included there. The decimal system should be retained as well, for I have no wish to forfeit my own prize.

My mother would have me say that "everyone is special", so I guess everyone needs a prize. biggrin.gif

Here it is: Attached Image

Feel free to share the love. wink.gif

John
User is offlinePM
John Pozadzides
post Nov 30 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #8

WDG Founder

QUOTE(Peter1968 @ Nov 28 2006, 06:38 PM) *

Let's see, member number 1 is Liam Quinn... I don't know who member number 10 or 100 are (and the admin area doesn't let me search by that characteristic)...

http://forums.htmlhelp.com/index.php?showuser=xx where xx is a number.

Duh! Can't believe I didn't think of that...

John
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Nov 30 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #9

WDG Member

Member No.: 3

QUOTE(John Pozadzides @ Nov 30 2006, 01:47 PM) *
My mother would have me say that "everyone is special", so I guess everyone needs a prize. biggrin.gif

Here it is: Attached Image

Feel free to share the love. wink.gif
Aww... Isn't that special...
User is offlinePM
Nigel
post Nov 30 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #10

Novice

QUOTE(John Pozadzides @ Nov 30 2006, 01:47 PM) *

That verdict would certainly have had the support of the Dodo in "Alice in Wonderland" http://www.the-office.com/bedtime-story/classics-alice-3.htm:

What I was going to say,' said the Dodo in an offended tone, `was, that the best thing to get us dry would be a Caucus-race.'
`What IS a Caucus-race?' said Alice; not that she wanted much to know, but the Dodo had paused as if it thought that SOMEBODY ought to speak, and no one else seemed inclined to say anything.
`Why,' said the Dodo, `the best way to explain it is to do it.' (And, as you might like to try the thing yourself, some winter day, I will tell you how the Dodo managed it.)
First it marked out a race-course, in a sort of circle, (`the exact shape doesn't matter,' it said,) and then all the party were placed along the course, here and there.
There was no `One, two, three, and away,' but they began running when they liked, and left off when they liked, so that it was not easy to know when the race was over.
However, when they had been running half an hour or so, and were quite dry again, the Dodo suddenly called out `The race is over!' and they all crowded round it, panting, and asking, `But who has won?'
This question the Dodo could not answer without a great deal of thought, and it sat for a long time with one finger pressed upon its forehead (the position in which you usually see Shakespeare, in the pictures of him), while the rest waited in silence. At last the Dodo said, `EVERYBODY has won, and all must have prizes.'

User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:52 PM