Reply to this topicStart new topic
> link web form in html table
bay
post Nov 29 2010, 01:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,262

Hi experts

I am hosting a competition in a forum page. Is it possible to link my web form to my html table; so that whatever info that is key into the web form can be automatically updated in my html table.

Please allow me to show you the example. http://forum.asianbookie.com/viewmessages....p;Topic=1855744

as you can see, there is a web form in reply #1 and a html table in reply #2.

How do i link the 2 pages, so that info can be updated into reply #2 whenever there is a submission?

Thanks for helping.

Regards
Bay

My html code for the web form as below:

<table background="http://i52.tinypic.com/14w66b7.jpg" height="475" width="300">
<tbody>
<tr><td>
<p><font color="#ffffff" face="BANKGOTHIC LT BT" size="5">3rd Dec Episode 3 Submission Form</font></p></td></tr>
<tr>
<td>
<p><font color="#ffffff" face="BANKGOTHIC LT BT" size="5">RACE</font></p></td>
<td><select><option selected="selected" value="1">1.第一场</option><option value="2">2.第二场</option><option value="3">3.第三场</option><option value="4">4.第四场</option><option value="5">5.第五场</option><option value="6">6.第六场</option><option value="7">7.第七场</option><option value="8">8.第八场</option><option value="9">9.第九场</option><option value="10">10.第十场</option><option value="11">11.第十一场</option><option value="12">12.第十二场</option></select></td></tr>
<tr><td>
<p><font color="#ffffff" face="BANKGOTHIC LT BT" size="5">BEST BET</font></p></td>
<td><select><option value="1">首选1号</option><option value="2">首选2号</option><option selected="selected" value="3">首选3号</option><option value="4">首选4号</option><option value="5">首选5号</option><option value="6">首选6号</option><option value="7">首选7号</option><option value="8">首选8号</option><option value="9">首选9号</option><option value="10">首选10号</option><option value="11">首选11号</option><option value="12">首选12号</option><option value="13">首选13号</option><option value="14">首选14号</option><option value="15">首选15号</option><option value="16">首选16号</option></select></td></tr>
<tr>
<td>
<p><font color="#ffffff" face="BANKGOTHIC LT BT" size="5">STAND-BY</font></p></td>
<td><select><option value="1">后备1号</option><option value="2">后备2号</option><option value="3">后备3号</option><option selected="selected" value="4">后备4号</option><option value="5">后备5号</option><option value="6">后备6号</option><option value="7">后备7号</option><option value="8">后备8号</option><option value="9">后备9号</option><option value="10">后备10号</option><option value="11">后备11号</option><option value="12">后备12号</option><option value="13">后备13号</option><option value="14">后备14号</option><option value="15">后备15号</option><option value="16">后备16号</option></select></td></tr>
<tr></tr>

<tr>
<td><p><font color="#ffffff" face="BANKGOTHIC LT BT" size="5">Sniper</font></p></td>
<td><form action="html_form_action.asp" method="get" name="input"><input name="user" /> <input type="submit" value="Submit" /></form></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

This post has been edited by bay: Nov 29 2010, 01:53 AM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Brian Chandler
post Nov 29 2010, 04:01 AM
Post #2

Jocular coder

Member No.: 43

You need to write a script (in PHP or whatever) that takes the form input and updates the database you use to generate the page.

If you aren't doing any of this, and have no programming experience, and no money, and no time, then the short answer is "No, there isn't". I mean no "way to link the form to the table".
User is offlinePM
bay
post Nov 29 2010, 11:18 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,262

thanks for the answer. So i guess i'll give up because , i dont have programming knowledge and money. things like MySQL PHP....out of questions.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2019 - 07:22 PM