Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions about PHP mySQL and HTML programming, I'm new to HTML
The_Phil
post Aug 28 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,464

I am considering learning HTML for making a certain internet based program.
Currently I am working on a Duolingo mock for a programming site called scratch. However the "Cloud" variables are far too limited. Here's my desire:
I want to make a program where people can create accounts and not only use language courses but create they're own. This program would include the ability to upload pic and sound files to add to one's course. I was looking into storing data on severs and found that HTML can use PHP and mySQL to save data pretty cheaply. Would HTML coupled with PHP mySQL be a sufficient means of creating an interactive program like Duolingo? If not are there any other languages that are more ready for this?
Thanks! smile.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Aug 28 2015, 06:05 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Probably, but I don't know anything about this Duolingo. I just want to clarify that HTML is a markup langue, or maybe I should say *the* markup language, used for the front end of web pages. For all web pages. It's the only way to create a web page. That is, if you want a web page you will have to use HTML. If the page is static or dynamic or how advanced the backend is doesn't matter. You need HTML.

So that's one down. I don't know if PHP and mySQL are the best choice or not, but they can probably get the job done.
User is offlinePM
The_Phil
post Aug 28 2015, 06:09 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 23,464

QUOTE(pandy @ Aug 28 2015, 06:05 PM) *

Probably, but I don't know anything about this Duolingo. I just want to clarify that HTML is a markup langue, or maybe I should say *the* markup language, used for the front end of web pages. For all web pages. It's the only way to create a web page. That is, if you want a web page you will have to use HTML. If the page is static or dynamic or how advanced the backend is doesn't matter. You need HTML.

So that's one down. I don't know if PHP and mySQL is the best choice or not, but they can probably get the job done.

So, should I use something like Java? And can I host that through HTML?

This post has been edited by The_Phil: Aug 28 2015, 06:10 PM
User is offlinePM
CharlesEF
post Aug 28 2015, 06:16 PM
Post #4

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 19,088

I would think PHP and mySQL would work fine. Also, I think most people on this forum can help, when you get stuck, if you do use PHP and mySQL. I have no knowledge of Java so I can't say how good/bad it is. HTML and CSS for styling for the front-end with PHP and mySQL for the back-end should be a good combination.
User is offlinePM
masonh928
post Sep 29 2015, 07:32 PM
Post #5

Serious Coder

Member No.: 19,570

I am familiar with Duolingo and others of the sort, and yes it would be more than sufficient, although if you want flashy graphics you can implement Flash, but for the actual program, PHP, MySQL and HTML would do just fine.

As for Java, I know only the basics like making a calculator, etc.

But most people here are well versed in PHP and SQL. tongue.gif

~God Bless
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:37 AM