Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another Firefox Coding Problem
Natalie
post Mar 25 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,283

Wow.. The first thing I see is another topic regarding Firefox problems. (http://forums.htmlhelp.com/index.php?showtopic=5552)

I've had problems like this before, and I'm still failing to see what the problem with Firefox is. I'm actually having a problem with multiple pages. I'm using 2 css files for my website. 1 is attached to the main page, and the 2nd is being used for all of the other pages.

The page that is working the way I want is visible in both Firefox and IE and can be seen here. (this is NOT the problem page, just an example of what I'm trying to get for the entire site)

http://geocities.com/lnyworikkukenm/index.htm

Here is where I'm having a problem. As you can see in this page here..

http://geocities.com/lnyworikkukenm/cosplay.html

The black border that once surrounded the majority of the site content is missing, and everything is off center. (as seen in Firefox). While viewing that same exact page in IE, everything looks how I want it to (the black border is visible and the contents are centered). This problem occurs with every other page as well (besides the main page). Since the pages that aren't working use an entirely different css than the page that does work, I'm suspecting that it's the css that is messed up, so I'll post the 2 css files that I'm using. I'm hoping that the css just needs to be tweeked in order to fix the rest of the pages.

I have both of them attached. "style.css" is the one that WORKS.
"completed.css" is the one that I'm suspecting DOES NOT WORK.

Is there something I can do to fix this problem?

This post has been edited by Natalie: Mar 25 2008, 07:47 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  completed.css ( 2.66k ) Number of downloads: 315
Attached File  style.css ( 3.77k ) Number of downloads: 309
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
jimlongo
post Mar 25 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #2

This is My Life

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

I haven't a chance to look at your problem, but perhaps if you shifted your point of view you'd see that the problem is not with Firefox, but with the other browser.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Mar 25 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #3

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

jimlongo is correct. Your clearing DIV is in the wrong spot. It needs to be after the floats, last in the DIV that contains the floats. IE expands the box with the black background color anyway, because it having a width triggers a bug in IE.
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Mar 25 2008, 08:37 PM
Post #4

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

You've floated div#left which removes it from the flow of content in div#content. Since there is no other content, div#content should collapse. MSIE is wrong in allowing the floated content to stretch div#content.

The easiest ways to get the effect you want are to stop floating div#left, or to add an empty element after div#left that clears the float.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:42 AM