Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drop Downs from nav bar displaying with "-> ->" afterward
headquarters
post Jan 4 2009, 02:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,471

I've programmed the drop down boxes to display upon hover of the nav bar link.

The boxes drop down fine, but three of them are accompanied by floating, unprogrammed and unwanted characters in the form of "arrows" (ie ->->) pointing to the right and located just below the bottom of sid drop downs.

I want to remove these arrow bugs from the programming and have tried everything I can think of so far, so I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the matter for me.

Thanks, HQ.

(p.s. this is happening in Firefox as I am writing original programming of website for Firefox and will then take hacks for IE versions et al)
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Jan 4 2009, 04:35 AM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Can you provide the URL (address) of a document that demonstrates the problem?
User is offlinePM
headquarters
post Jan 4 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Darin McGrew @ Jan 4 2009, 04:35 AM) *

hi Darin,

Thanks for responding.

In trying to publish a skeletal page for you to look at, I've encountered a minor ftp setback.

Once I hear back from my server, I will post url of the document that demonstrates the problem.

(I may not hear back from the server today - as it is Sunday. If you could, please keep an eye out for an update in this thread hopefully by tomorrow, Monday.)

Thank you for your support,

Kind regards,

hq.
User is offlinePM
headquarters
post Jan 4 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Darin McGrew @ Jan 4 2009, 04:35 AM) *

hi again Darin,

my server got back to me today after all, so I got the skeletal document up that demonstrates the problem.

Please review in Firefox version 3.0.5. (I am programming the site Firefox 3.0.5 and will hack for IE versions and the browsers once the Firefox version is set.)

url link: http://www.academyofartcanada.com

The Problem: When you hover the "Drawing" link in the navigation bar, a drop down box comes up and just below the bottom left hand corner of the drop down box you'll see the two undesired "arrows" referred to in the title of this thread. The same thing happens with a single arrow to the bottom left of the "Historical Method" link as well.

I really appreciate your taking a look at this, thanks - hoping you can shed a little light on the matter.

hq.

User is offlinePM
zgillman
post Jan 4 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,389

CODE
<li class="drop"><a href="aac_drawing.html"><strong>   Drawing</strong></a><!--[if IE 7]><!--><!--<![endif]-->
   <!--[if lte IE 6]><table><tr><td><![endif]-->
   <ul>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_preparatory.html"> • <strong>Preparatory Study from Reference - Sight-Size, Unit and Comparative Methods</strong></a></li>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_cast.html"> • <strong>Study from the Cast in Natural Light: Sight-Size and Comparative Methods</strong></a></li>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_figure.html"> • <strong>Figure Drawing from Life Model in Natural Light with the Comparative Method</strong></a></li>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_portrait.html"> • <strong>Portrait Drawing from Life in Natural Light Using the Comparative Method</strong></a></li>

<li><a href="aac_drawing_morphology.html"> • <strong>Morphology: The Study of Natural Form and Its Representation</strong></a></li>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_perspective.html"> • <strong>Perspective and Foreshortening: Depth in Pictorial Space</strong></a></li>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_landscape.html"> • <strong>Landscape</strong></a></li>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_drapery.html"> • <strong>Drapery</strong></a></li>
     <!---<li class="fly"><a href="#nogo">Cast Painting<!--[if IE 7]><!-->  <!---</a>--->  <!--<![endif]-->

Here is your code...

in the last line, after the </a> tag, you have an extra ---> ... delete that and that will take care of one of the arrows at the bottom of the drawing menu
and then about 9 lines down from there, you have this code

CODE
   <!---<li><a href="aac_pictorial_thinking.html">Pictorial</a></li>
   <li class="fly"><a href="#nogo">Design<!--[if IE 7]><!-->  <!---</a>--->  <!--<![endif]-->

<!--- <ul>
         <li><a href="juice_benefits.html" class="enclose">Info·contact</a></li>
         <li><a href="bought.html">Rates</a></li>
         <li><a href="juicers.html">Foreign</a></li>

again on the second line just posted, <li class="fly"><a href="#nogo">Design<!--[if IE 7]><!--> <!---</a>---> <!--<![endif]-->
you have another extra ---> right after the </a> tag.. delete this

This post has been edited by zgillman: Jan 4 2009, 05:44 PM
User is offlinePM
headquarters
post Jan 4 2009, 09:44 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(zgillman @ Jan 4 2009, 05:42 PM) *

CODE
<li class="drop"><a href="aac_drawing.html"><strong>   Drawing</strong></a><!--[if IE 7]><!--><!--<![endif]-->
   <ul>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_preparatory.html"> • <strong>Preparatory Study from Reference - Sight-Size, Unit and Comparative Methods</strong></a></li>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_cast.html"> • <strong>Study from the Cast in Natural Light: Sight-Size and Comparative Methods</strong></a></li>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_figure.html"> • <strong>Figure Drawing from Life Model in Natural Light with the Comparative Method</strong></a></li>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_portrait.html"> • <strong>Portrait Drawing from Life in Natural Light Using the Comparative Method</strong></a></li>

<li><a href="aac_drawing_morphology.html"> • <strong>Morphology: The Study of Natural Form and Its Representation</strong></a></li>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_perspective.html"> • <strong>Perspective and Foreshortening: Depth in Pictorial Space</strong></a></li>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_landscape.html"> • <strong>Landscape</strong></a></li>
   <li><a href="aac_drawing_drapery.html"> • <strong>Drapery</strong></a></li>
     <!---<li class="fly"><a href="#nogo">Cast Painting<!--[if IE 7]><!-->  <!---</a>--->  <!--<![endif]-->

Here is your code...

in the last line, after the </a> tag, you have an extra ---> ... delete that and that will take care of one of the arrows at the bottom of the drawing menu
and then about 9 lines down from there, you have this code

CODE
   <!---<li><a href="aac_pictorial_thinking.html">Pictorial</a></li>
   <li class="fly"><a href="#nogo">Design<!--[if IE 7]><!-->  <!---</a>--->  <!--<![endif]-->

<!--- <ul>
         <li><a href="juice_benefits.html" class="enclose">Info·contact</a></li>
         <li><a href="bought.html">Rates</a></li>
         <li><a href="juicers.html">Foreign</a></li>

again on the second line just posted, <li class="fly"><a href="#nogo">Design<!--[if IE 7]><!--> <!---</a>---> <!--<![endif]-->
you have another extra ---> right after the </a> tag.. delete this

Thanks zgillman!

That did the trick!

Appreciate the help!

hq.

User is offlinePM
zgillman
post Jan 4 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,389

anytime!
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:13 AM