The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Problems with HTML on Excel spreadsheet and then EBAY upload, Problems with HTML on Excel spreadsheet and then EBAY upload
ugly duck
post May 11 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,831

Hi Guys
Im a very basic user of HTML (VERY basic). Now the problem I have is I have a excel spreadsheet with product data descriptions in a huge column of data.
Its basically for sizes of clothing etc but the html that i have been giving on the spreadsheet is mental.
Here is an example of the html. The first bit with <LI> is fine. Its when it comes to the size information it all goes pete tong.

<B>Material: </B>60% cotton/40% polyester.</P><UL><LI>ClimaLite pique. <LI>Synthetic fibres on inside wick moisture away from skin to cotton outer fibres for easy evaporation. <LI>Three button placket. <LI>Three contrast stripes at back collar. <LI>Cuffed sleeves. <LI>Locker patch.<TR><TD><B><p> Size:</B></TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" align=middle>&nbsp;&nbsp;S</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" align=middle>&nbsp;&nbsp;M</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" align=middle>&nbsp;&nbsp;L</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" align=middle>&nbsp;&nbsp;XL</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" align=middle>&nbsp;&nbsp;XXL</TD></TR><TR><TD><b><p>Chest (to fit) Inches:</B></TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" align=middle>&nbsp;&nbsp;38/40</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" align=middle>&nbsp;&nbsp;40/42</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" align=middle>&nbsp;&nbsp;42/44</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" align=middle>&nbsp;&nbsp;44/46</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" align=middle>&nbsp;&nbsp;46/48</TD></TR>

Now this plays absolute havoc with my ebay template and stretches it all really wide. It breaks upthe HTML of our custom ebay template and renders it unusable.
Is there any of you guys who can point me in the right direction of what mass changes I can change on excel to make it a normal easy html format.
All the products have different descriptions but the common theme are these PADDING functions and <td> etc.

Please help.
Thank you
Neil
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:49 AM