The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Introductory to webmastering site, a place for new users to start there website
tbint62
post Nov 25 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,517

Hello My name is Teddy
I started out a few years ago without a clue about web design, hosting a website, security, scripts, etc. Finding out how it works was fun but some times difficult. I have had some failures and some success. I recently took everything I have learn and started a new project. A website for totally new to web mastering users. It is still in alpha. But should be a great introductory starting point. From writing the first source document to hosting. I would like a little feedback on how to present the site to new users. It is written in XHTML 1.1, CSS level 2.1, and a very basic php script for navigation. The intent is user friendly for beginners.

http://www.ttb62.com/

This post has been edited by tbint62: Nov 25 2011, 01:58 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Nov 25 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Well, it seems to be all about signing up for your hosting company. Didn't find anything about actually writing web pages. Or about how to choose a host, for that matter. There's only one to choose from. wink.gif
User is offlinePM
tbint62
post Nov 25 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,517

Yes I do offer free hosting to beginners. I did not intend to start a host list. But in the forum go into a help. I am currently working on a first source document page. Also the easy script for basic php. Its presenting the project I'm having trouble with. I mean the front page. I was going to have article links in the right side bar. I suppose just an article on the front page explaining the intent of the project and some background. If you look at the front page of htmlhelp.com there is just a small introduction to the site. Then it gets right into links to documents. So I will just start adding links to documents.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:03 PM