Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Banner slider not sliding....
Pluribus
post Jun 24 2011, 06:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,737

Hi - its me again...

I have a site located at http://www.mariannedadd.co.uk/temp/index.html. The text on the banner pic is meant to slide between two sets of information. Unfortunately is has stopped doing so...

I have gone through it as best I can but cant find the problem. Can anyone shed some light for me?

I cant upload it here as the upload system says its too big so the files can be downloaded from my own website here:

http://www.iandwilliams.com/mdwebsitefiles.zip

I appreciate any help you may be able to offer.

Regards

Ian
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Frederiek
post Jun 24 2011, 06:59 AM
Post #2

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

mootools.js, caption.js and font4b0ahtml.html are still missing.

And this javascript error:
TypeError: Result of expression '$(this.options.container).getElements' [undefined] is not a function. line 39 youstorage_slider.js
User is offlinePM
Pluribus
post Jun 24 2011, 07:36 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Frederiek @ Jun 24 2011, 06:59 AM) *

mootools.js, caption.js and font4b0ahtml.html are still missing.

And this javascript error:
TypeError: Result of expression '$(this.options.container).getElements' [undefined] is not a function. line 39 youstorage_slider.js

Hi Frederiek

I have changed the links to point to the correct files, thanks for noticing that. However, I have not changed the youstorage_slider.js in any way from the originally downloaded file. I've also taken a look at the file on several other websites and its exactly the same as on mine.

Any other ideas?

Ian
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Jun 24 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #4

Programming Fanatic

I didn't d/l your zip file, I only looked on line. Have you changed the paths to the missing files on line (FTP)? Cause, when I just looked again, they were still missing.

You're right, the youstorage_slider.js should work as is. (I found one n some site and it worked there). But it needs mootools to work. So, as long as the path to mootools.js isn't correct, it will not work.
User is offlinePM
Pluribus
post Jun 24 2011, 11:31 PM
Post #5

Yes, everything has been changed and uploaded and all the content is where it is referenced in the code. Its still not sliding.

All the updated content has been uploaded to the zip mentioned in the post above for reference.
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Jun 25 2011, 04:41 AM
Post #6

Programming Fanatic

I still get the same errors on the online page. Even after a cleaned cache and a forced reload.

Ok, so I d/l the zip file and now I only get a typeError on line 32 of that js file. Since that file should work as is, it must be your setup of the slider. Where did you get it from? And do they have howto's and exemples there?

For the record, I'm not familiar with mootools or that slider.
User is offlinePM
Pluribus
post Jun 25 2011, 05:59 AM
Post #7

It was a joomla template. I didnt change anything other than the text and the navigation link names. Everything else remained as it was in the original file.
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Jun 25 2011, 07:11 AM
Post #8

Programming Fanatic

I'm not familiar with Joomla either.

You mean the slider was already integrated in the Joomla template? (BTW, I like the look of it.)
Did the slider work before you made those changes? Though effectively, that shouldn't make a difference, as the changes are minor.

Can you post the url(s) of where you got the template, mootools slider, etc. from? I did notice however the rather complicated folder structure (in the zip), with duplicate files in different folders.
User is offlinePM
Pluribus
post Jun 25 2011, 08:09 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(Frederiek @ Jun 25 2011, 07:11 AM) *

I'm not familiar with Joomla either.

You mean the slider was already integrated in the Joomla template? (BTW, I like the look of it.)

Yes it was.

Did the slider work before you made those changes? Though effectively, that shouldn't make a difference, as the changes are minor.

I could not see it slide on my machine but my client could. I believe this is due to the difference in our browsers (I am on IE9 - she is on IE8 & Chrome).

Can you post the url(s) of where you got the template, mootools slider, etc. from? I did notice however the rather complicated folder structure (in the zip), with duplicate files in different folders.

The template is from here: http://templates.entheosweb.com/template_number/33932.asp. Everything came as part of the template, including the folder structure...I prefer a much simpler structure but did not have the time to change it to something more suitable.
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Jun 25 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #10

Programming Fanatic

Even on the demo of the template, I get the error on line 39 in the slider .js as before on yours. I use Safari 4.1.3/Mac OS 4.11 (Tiger). I run out of ideas. Sometimes, I use jQuery (for my latest project) or create any script I might need (or rather my husband does wink.gif). So, I'm afraid I don't know how to help more to solve this, sorry.
User is offlinePM
Pluribus
post Jun 25 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Frederiek @ Jun 25 2011, 02:30 PM) *

Even on the demo of the template, I get the error on line 39 in the slider .js as before on yours. I use Safari 4.1.3/Mac OS 4.11 (Tiger). I run out of ideas. Sometimes, I use jQuery (for my latest project) or create any script I might need (or rather my husband does wink.gif). So, I'm afraid I don't know how to help more to solve this, sorry.

Well I appreciate you trying to help anyway!

smile.gif

Ian
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Jun 26 2011, 02:54 AM
Post #12

Programming Fanatic

Only thing you might be able to do is contact the creator of the template, since you paid for it.
Good luck!
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:27 AM