Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Removing a player link from Wordpress, I did not make this page
Boyachi
post Aug 28 2017, 03:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,484

Here it goes:
I've done html on the side, enough to say that not only can I code from just a .txt, but to say that I have made entire website that way (I'm not talking myspace or facebook or any of that nonsense). So I know how to get and cut this cancer out through viewing the source, the issue is doing it in WORDPRESS.

A friend of mine at work asked me to help him with his site: http://goldenrb.com/. It is a jazz station and they want to switch from streamlicensing.com 's player to elasticplayer.xyz .
Seems simple right? Isolate the code for the "play now" link and switch out the hyperlink, right? The issue is that I can't find it with his admin access. I can find it just peachy under
<body>
<iframe name="sl_widget" title="sl_widget" src=" http://streamlicensing.com/directory/index...;output=3" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" width="300" height="640" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The issue is I can't find where in the nine realms it is hidden in Wordpress. It is part of the home page, nor the header, nor the menu. I thought I had it with Appearance>"site" options>Live Streaming Setting, but I can put literally anything into that box and the "play now" button is not only still there, it won't even go away.

Editor looks promising, but I navigating through each page uses some circular logic.

Is there a way to just enable oldschool coding that I am missing? There are webpages that exist on this page that "supposedly" have ZERO html.

Please, someone help me out of this "assisted builder living".

I even checked to see if maybe the webbuilder made my friend an "admin" profile while keeping a real one. If he/she did, it doesn't show up in the user statistics.

I haven't even told him about the golden diamond that sits at the top of each page that scrolls with the nonmobile user (I'm hoping it is a feature they wanted).

I have developer console enabled on my chrome browser, is there any chance if I'm signed in as the admin I could force a save from chrome to wordpress? I know I'm grasping at straws, but every straightforward method I've tried thus far has been blocked by Wordpress.

Thank you for your time.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Aug 28 2017, 07:18 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I don't know the first thing about WP, but I imagine those who do would want to know if your friend has installed WP on his own server or if he's using wordpress.com .
User is offlinePM
Boyachi
post Aug 29 2017, 07:17 AM
Post #3

Looking at the address, it looks like it is installed. Also I was able to log in as an administrator straight from the front page.
Regardless, searching through the admin section I'm still at goldenrb.com/... and I'm NOT at wordpress.com/goldenrb

I hope this helps answer your question.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Aug 29 2017, 09:39 AM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I think you can use your own domain at wordpress.com too. But maybe it isn't important.
User is offlinePM
Boyachi
post Aug 30 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #5

Issue resolved by third party.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:17 PM