Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help with Image Map?, Any help would be appreciated
Etank
post Jun 7 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,039

I rarely try to put together any sort of website, but this is a small side-project that caught my eye.

http://etank.smackjeeves.com/

I would like to create an image map that would allow me to put links on top of the names listed to the side. I've tried all sorts of image mapping programs, but all they seem to do is create an identical image below this one with working links.

Can I have a text box like the one I've made AND have an image map?

Thank you for any help you can give. I've been struggling to find an answer for a while now.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Jun 8 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Only if you split the image in two. An image map can't be used with a background image. Alternatively you could overlay the top of the background with a blank image and map that. But the idea to write text over a fixed size background image is inherently bad. I wouldn't do it that way.

BTW the background you have for body in your CSS doesn't override the one you use in the HTML for the only reason the CSS one uses a butchered URL. Some browsers may compensate for that and show the CSS background.

CODE
body {
  background: url(://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/blindwind/backgroudrealkiry2.png) repeat;
}
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:07 PM