... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Image as a "header" on each webpage
Focus1
post Mar 24 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,776

Hi guy's I'm pretty new to HTML but I'm getting there all be it slowly smile.gif I've taken a beginners course in HTML and it's 4.01 strict and I've just finished my first ever website and I'm happy enough I got that far as it looked quite daunting at the start.

However, in my first website I just used some text in a frame for each of my webpages as a 'header' so to speak, using frames was part of the course criteria.
But now I'd like to make a design that will go across the top of each of my webpages. For instance I'd like to make a website for my wife, she sells bouquets of flowers, so I'd like to have an image at the top of all my webpages with a picture of flowers and some text etc...

Can you guy's tell me what is the best way to go about implementing this ? I take it I create an image in photoshop of the actual width of my page and save it, then how would I go about coding this into HTML and CSS to have it done properly ?

Sorry if this is a nOOb'ish question but I just can't get my head around this at the min. I've done lots of googleing and some are saying this is called a 'header' and some are saying it's just putting an image at the top of each page...

Is there a certain way this 'header' has to be implemented ?

Many thanks smile.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Frederiek
post Mar 26 2012, 01:20 AM
Post #2

Programming Fanatic

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

One thing though. The CSS #wrapper selector doesn't match <div class="wrapper"> and its styling will not get applied. Use .wrapper in the CSS instead or turn CLASS into ID inside the div tag.

And since you already have given the wrapper div a width and centered it, you don't need to center #header too, as that will be as wide as its parent container.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Mar 26 2012, 02:01 AM
Post #3

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Oops! blush.gif
User is offlinePM

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:27 PM