daysrunaway
post Aug 26 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,594

Hi there,

I need some help with this page:

http://innavation.ca/biophilter.html

I can't get the "In this section:" link list to go to the right of the body text of the page and have the body text wrap around it.

I'm also having trouble getting all the different headings and paragraphs to work right -- even if I set the CSS to display:block; the different headings display as inline elements. To get around this I've had to assign them all a width of 860 px -- which I think might be contributing to the problem getting the link list to go to the right of the body text, but horizontally aligned with the top heading.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Michael
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Aug 26 2010, 07:01 PM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Specifying the width of the elements inside div#philterwrapper causes them to drop below ul#smoothscroll because there isn't enough room to the left of ul#smoothscroll for the width you've specified.

And the headings aren't acting like inline elements. They're acting like floated elements. If you don't want them to float left, then don't specify the float property.
User is offlinePM
daysrunaway
post Aug 27 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,594

QUOTE(Darin McGrew @ Aug 26 2010, 05:01 PM) *

Specifying the width of the elements inside div#philterwrapper causes them to drop below ul#smoothscroll because there isn't enough room to the left of ul#smoothscroll for the width you've specified.

And the headings aren't acting like inline elements. They're acting like floated elements. If you don't want them to float left, then don't specify the float property.

THANK YOU!! That's fixed it so well. The only problem is that now the ul#smoothscroll isn't displaying properly. I've attached a screenshot to show you exactly what I'm seeing. I tried giving the ul a height property but it didn't fix it.

Thanks again - Michael

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2018 - 03:37 PM