Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need advice on embedding SWF
Sting
post Sep 21 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,580

Hey guys,

I used to code my sites in my own CSS, HTML, etc but I switched to a CMS (Drupal) because I liked that people created the themes, I never got around to learning the theme design part. I also don't know Mobile Responsive design yet.

Some of the material on my site are SWF's, like Flash games, etc. Before Drupal all I did was use the basic SWF embedding code which is on Adobe's site: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/object-tag...ofessional.html

When I switched to Drupal 6 they had this cool Module that inputs the code for you, all you do is upload the SWF directly to the page, and you can change the parameters if needed.

But I am upgrading to Drupal 7 and that cool SWF module is not available on it. So I guess I have to go back to putting the embedding code on the game pages myself? I don't think I can put any of that code on a CSS sheet because that stuff that I put in manually, like movie name, size, loop, etc is right in the middle of the code.

I still remember how to do all this, but if I have 300+ games and if for some reason Adobe changes the embedding code, I need to change 300+ pages. I remember the embedding code used to say Macromedia and other parameters on it, however I do see that some older sites with SWF's still use that old Macromedia code so maybe I'm worrying over nothing?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Frederiek
post Sep 22 2014, 05:08 AM
Post #2

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

Why don't you search for "embed swf with drupal 7"?
Maybe the module has been updated in the meantime for Drupal 7.
User is offlinePM
Sting
post Sep 22 2014, 10:13 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,580

No it hasn't, I already did that search. There are different SWF modules for Drupal 7, but they are completely different than what I was using, and then those modules wont be active on Drupal 8, its a constant pattern with Drupal, but like I said I'm using it for the mobile responsive part which I haven't learned how to do yet.

I'm basically asking if there is a way to add any of the embedding code to CSS, but I don't think there is.

So I guess I'm pretty much stuck with adding the entire embedding code to each page? Anyone think that could lead to any performance issues?

***EDIT - actually I forgot about using swfobject, I think that might be my answer***

This post has been edited by Sting: Sep 22 2014, 10:56 AM
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:23 PM