The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Login Forms, please help, how do i get a log in form on my website?
what should i put here
post Nov 6 2006, 01:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 718

well i need to know how to put a login form on my site, i havent put it on the internet yet, but with my html coding its exact like some sites are.

i can click the submit button and it goes straight to the new page, but i want people to use the login part so they enter username/password etc. and then press button, so if they dont enter anything and press enter it wont go, but a popup box will say: please enter your username and password... please help me
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Christian J
post Nov 6 2006, 07:20 AM
Post #2

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

QUOTE(what should i put here @ Nov 6 2006, 07:16 AM) *

well i need to know how to put a login form on my site

To password-protect a site with a login form, you can let the server-side program check the submitted password. The file on the server containing passwords should not be viewable by users. See the FAQ for form basics.

If you instead of a form use HTTP authentication the browser will provide a login prompt. See also theFAQ.

if they dont enter anything and press enter it wont go, but a popup box will say: please enter your username and password... please help me

This can be done with javascript, but the actual PW-protection should not rely on that. See http://htmlhelp.com/faq/html/forms.html#required-fields

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:00 AM