Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Errors when loading in IE7, Help plz
irjason
post Jun 25 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,111

Hi, I am doing a website as a college project and I have came stuck with not really understanding how to make it compatible with IE7 when i open the website in Firefox everything looks fine. But in IE7 there is a lot of horrible white space in places that it should not be. I was wondering if anyone could help me understand why this is happening. And i have kinda of left this totally to the last minute since i need to hand it in tomorrow. I have attached the site to this post so if anyone would help me understand what i need to change it would be great. The template was made in Photoshop and exported via Photoshop. Thanks in advance! Attached File  OutBack_Site.zip ( 193.7k ) Number of downloads: 370

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Jun 25 2012, 04:51 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I see nothing special in IE7? I looked at the index page. Is that the right one?

You should run this through the validator anyway and fix the errors. And you can't invent elements on your own as for example TITLE2, GREY2 and GREYFONT.

http://htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/
User is offlinePM
irjason
post Jun 25 2012, 05:00 PM
Post #3

Thank you for looking at it and it might be easier to explain it in images on the issues i have ran across.

This is what the index page looks like in firefox

IPB Image

and when i load it in Ie it looks like this

IPB Image

So the issue is the white space that Ie creates with the image spacing i think its something to do with white-space from what i have found so far looking on google for a hour but have no idea what to do to fix this since my knowledge is very little.
User is offlinePM
irjason
post Jun 25 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #4

I found out the issue since i didn't use tables to wrap the text it was causing the horrible issue above.. well i feel stupid for not thinking of that sooner and trying 100 different things that were over complicated! XD
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:50 AM