The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need help optimizing my store, not sure what the job title actually is!
toknowhtml
post Jan 30 2011, 06:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,742

I have a store website that is all set up and fully functional.

I recently did a check on the internal html (or css I believe it is style sheets) I understand very little of this stuff and realized it may not be set up perfectly for optimal crawling, etc, in the structure. It is a store run through highwire.com, and I did an analyzer and there were tons of errors on W3 website.

When we made it I was way more into the design than making sure the structure was sound and now I am wondering if it might be a barrier to google picking us up (yahoo and bing seem to have us on the first page for some searches)...

Do you think anyone might be interested in doing the work to fix it up? I have a file that has the errors that W3 found saved.

I really don't even know how much I don't know about the structure of a website, or if ours is really in trouble or not.

Please PM me if your interested and I can give you the site, and you can check it out and let me know how much. I don't think it should be too involved since it's optimizing a fully functional site.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
newwebseo
post Jun 17 2011, 01:49 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,984

"highwire.com" is not providing access to their template but if they can provide the access then it can be done.
One more thing if highwire.com is having such a problem then they should correct it.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:59 PM