The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Firefox and a missplaced table, Need help!
vision
post Apr 20 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,697

Hi,
I have made this site, http://vision.myvnc.com/ , and it works fine in 3 out of the 4 browsers I have tested, which are Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer and Firefox. In the first three everything works and looks as it should. But in the fourth, Firefox, the content table is placed to the right of the entire site, like this Picture. Also, the actual posts gets stretched out as you can see.
It should look like this How it should look. I tried running the site through a validator but got an error message that claimed I haven't set doctype which I have... Might have set wrong though I don't know really. Any help is appreciated.

Btw, I am able to "hack" the problem by adding a wrapperfix-table around the current div-container that envelops the site, but I'd rather not. And that would still leave the problem with the stretched out posts.

Edit: The page is also majorly bugged in Safari.

This post has been edited by vision: Apr 20 2010, 01:44 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Darin McGrew
post Apr 21 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Don't feed the validator the PHP program. Instead, feed the validator the final HTML produced by the PHP program. There were structural problems with the table markup produced by the PHP program.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:38 AM