Reply to this topicStart new topic
> submitting with a hotspot
slickchris7777
post Mar 19 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,745

I'm using this code on my page

<form method="post" id="e0" class="seagreen-form" action="/subscription.php/confirm" onsubmit="return Sg.validate(this);" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input name="_tkn" type="hidden" value="4f675e24bc5a99.04808583" />

<input id ="e1" name ="email" type="text" style="position: absolute; top:307px; width:300px; height:40px; left: 935px;" maxlength="256"/>

<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">addFieldToCheck("email","Email");</script></td></tr><input type="hidden" name="htmlemail" value="1">

<map name="Map" id="Map">
<area shape="rect" coords="586,241,845,344" alt="join now" type="submit" name="submit" id="e2" onClick="java script:document.form.submit();" nohref />
</map>

</form>

This code would work fine if I use a button like so:

<button id="e2" name="submit" type="submit">Submit</button>

However, it does not work with the hotspot, how can I get the hotspot to do the same thing.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Mar 19 2012, 12:39 PM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

This is about JavaScript, not markup, so I moved it to the client-side scripting forum.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Mar 19 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #3

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(slickchris7777 @ Mar 19 2012, 05:58 PM) *

<area shape="rect" coords="586,241,845,344" alt="join now" type="submit" name="submit" id="e2" onClick="java script:document.form.submit();" nohref />

First, you don't need the javascript bit. It's something that was used before eventhandlers like onclick were available, and it was used as the value of href. Never ever use it.

Secondly, you can't refer to the form with just 'form'. Either you need to give FORM an name or an id and refer to it using that, or you can use the built in forms collection that JavaScript creates of all the forms on the page. Provided this form is either the only form or the first form on the page it would have the index '0' (JavaScript counts from zero, so the first is 0, the second is 1 and so on).

CODE
<area href=""... onclick="document.forms[0].submit(); return false">

You need the return false that will kill the href action. Without it both the href and the onclick will be acted on. You can't leave the href out or most (no?) browsers will make the area clickable.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Mar 19 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7

CODE
</tr><input type="hidden" name="htmlemail" value="1">

The above looks like invalid HTML (should the INPUT element and the rest of the form be inside the table?).

CODE
onClick="java script:document.form.submit();" nohref />

document.form.submit() above assumes that there's a form named "form".

Note also that the submit() method appears to circumvent the onsubmit event in the FORM start tag.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Mar 19 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #5

🌟Computer says no🌟

Member No.: 6

OK, I see now that you use nohref. That works, but you need to style the area with cursor: pointer so it shows the right mouse pointer and that won't work in older versions of IE - I think it works in newer.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:11 PM