The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logins for html, need help with make a login screen on the main page which is not part
Ice
post Feb 14 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,903

i am fairly new to this html i am studding it a skool at the moment i am only 16 and have seen some cool sites. i would like to put a login to my site like i had to register for the fourms or what ever. the site is for my clan/guild and would like to know the code or some help for this.

what i would like it to do is.
1. on the main page have a login and password box
2. have a members page so when u register it sends you to the members
3. separate to the fourms
4. and have some admin and mini admin rights for the officers who are above the members.

could some one please help me and if you would like to get a hold of me you could contact me on ice_d_srt_soldier@hotmail.com which is my msn account or my email which is theicemasterd@gmail.com.

i hope some one can/could help me with my problem i have and i would thank them if they did.

Ice*D
S.R.T S.O.L.D.I.E.R
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Effovex
post Feb 14 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #2

Serious Coder

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,477

In order to do this you need to have a host that can provide you with CGI, PHP or ASP. You need server-side programming to reliably enforce user logins. If you are running your forum on your own server, chances are good that you already have this, and in this case it's probably better to integrate the member page with the forum so that they use the same logins. If your forum is remotely hosted, then you'll have to verify with your host what kind of scripting you have available to you, if any. Two of the most popular are Perl and PHP - one of the scripts available at the places I just linked will probably be able to fill your needs.

This question belongs in the Server-side scripting section of the forums, BTW.

This post has been edited by Effovex: Feb 14 2007, 04:37 PM
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Feb 14 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #3

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

QUOTE(Effovex @ Feb 14 2007, 10:36 PM) *

This question belongs in the Server-side scripting section of the forums, BTW.

But since there's no actual coding problems involved I move it to the more general Web Site Functionality forum. tongue.gif
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:37 PM