Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Page look different in another meniu
Deddoman
post Sep 23 2014, 05:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,592

Hello, i have strange problem i try to explain with this two pictures. First one is when i opened "Pagrindinis" index.html first screen shot http://puu.sh/bLd81/70feef210c.jpg and second when i open "susisiekite.html" on menu it's called "Susisiekite" http://puu.sh/bLd9k/0e23976390.jpg can you see difference? Second web page is bigger and i dont know why, but i want to make my index.html same as "susisiekite". I will add web script maybe someone will figure out something. Sorry i dont know another file sharing web :/ http://www.filedropper.com/web_7
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Sep 23 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Does the size really change if you view the files you uploaded? The menu and header are identical. I can flip between the two pages without seeing a flicker.

Sure you didn't happen the change your browser's zoom for one or both pages before you made the screen shots? Check your zoom setting for each page. I usually don't use zoom (if I can help it and the browser offers text resizing), but I've noticed that some browsers remember the zoom level for each page. So if you zoom a page and then go to another page and set another zoom level you can go back and forth between the pages and they'll have different zoom.
User is offlinePM
Deddoman
post Sep 23 2014, 06:14 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(pandy @ Sep 24 2014, 01:46 AM) *

Does the size really change if you view the files you uploaded? The menu and header are identical. I can flip between the two pages without seeing a flicker.

Sure you didn't happen the change your browser's zoom for one or both pages before you made the screen shots? Check your zoom setting for each page. I usually don't use zoom (if I can help it and the browser offers text resizing), but I've noticed that some browsers remember the zoom level for each page. So if you zoom a page and then go to another page and set another zoom level you can go back and forth between the pages and they'll have different zoom.

Yeah, tested it on firefox everything works fine thx biggrin.gif my bad.
User is offlinePM
Deddoman
post Sep 23 2014, 06:50 PM
Post #4

I dont want to create another theme, so i think i will write another problem of mine. Here is picture how it's look now and how it should look. http://puu.sh/bLkuG/2e94199082.jpg. Banner should look like in the bottom example. I dont get it where i should change and what. When i try change something all web form is lost, maybe someone can slove this problem. Web script is in upper post.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Sep 24 2014, 03:46 AM
Post #5

🌟Computer says no🌟

You resize the images with HTML and you don't keep the proportions the same so the images get distorted.

You SHOULD recreate the images at the right size in an image editor. But if you must do what you do, give the images width only and let the browser scale them. But they won't fit the boxes.
User is offlinePM
Deddoman
post Sep 24 2014, 04:43 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(pandy @ Sep 24 2014, 11:46 AM) *

You resize the images with HTML and you don't keep the proportions the same so the images get distorted.

You SHOULD recreate the images at the right size in an image editor. But if you must do what you do, give the images width only and let the browser scale them. But they won't fit the boxes.

I need they to fit in the boxes, how i should do this? Resizing its not the problem, but it doesnt matter if i change size or not with photoshop. Image size stays the same. I tried changing image html code, but nothing happened. I cant find image size code in css...
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Sep 24 2014, 04:48 AM
Post #7

🌟Computer says no🌟

Start over. Create images at the right size to begin with.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Sep 24 2014, 06:34 AM
Post #8

🌟Computer says no🌟

I see now that you actually don't resize the width, only the height. That gives us more options.

A) Move the text down so there's room enough for the full image without the text covering it.

B) Cut the flesh off the top of the image. So it looks like this.

Attached Image

You may still want to move the text down a bit.

C) A combination of A and B. Cut the image down a little and move the text a little.

But it shouldn't be hard to create new images either, even if you are graphically challenged like myself.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:44 AM