Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Website Feedback
greentempleviper
post May 24 2011, 05:34 PM
Post #1

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,338

Hi, I would like to have some feedback on my website: http://www.mikesdaylilies.net

It is my first functioning site. I am not fully finished with it, but it does generate customers for our flower business locally. I think it is pretty straight forward, but some of our customers seem a little confused. Most of them like it. Every now and then we get someone that doesn't seem to understand what is going on. I would like some honest opinions. I appreciate any help or corrective criticism. Thanks.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Chris Martucci
post Jun 3 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #2

Unregistered

I agree with newwebseo -- I'd go with a light background. The design of your website should match what you are selling, and most people associate flowers with bright sunlight, not darkness.

My biggest criticism was that I had no idea what the purpose of the website was at first glance. It was not easy to tell that you were selling something.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Go with a light background
2. Use headings (h1, h2, h3) to help explain the purpose of the website. For example, on the front page, you could have three sections:
- Welcome
- What you will find here
- How to order
3. I think you need to rename your navigation links. Most people expect certain things to be in the navigation bar. For example, people expect an "About" or "About Us" page and a "Shop" button for a store.

This post has been edited by Chris Martucci: Jun 3 2011, 10:56 AM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:16 PM