Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Get A Embed YouTube Video to Play in HD on Google Chrome & IE
betamx
post Jun 27 2014, 02:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,155

Hello!

Sorry this is my first post and I literally have no idea what on earth I am doing, so please excuse my lack of knowledge cool.gif
It's pretty simple really, but so confusing (well for me it is sad.gif ).
I wanted to make youtube videos play in HD (720 or 1080) on my site (blogspot).

On youtube I shared the video via the embed option and added the code ?rel=0&vq=hd1080 to the end of the youtube link to make the video play in 1080 HD.

So this was it before:
<iframe width="690" height="388" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HzGHgQBPyV0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And this is after:
<iframe width="690" height="388" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HzGHgQBPyV0?rel=0&vq=hd1080" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I usually use google chrome and it just wasn't playing in HD no matter how many times I tried. I figured maybe its to do with the browser I am using.
I then tried it on Mozilla Firefox and it worked perfectly, and this goes the same for Safari. But the videos are not automatically playing in HD on google chrome and internet explorer. They just play in 360p quality, which is really annoying and blury haha.

So if anybody could kindly help me make them work when using google chrome or internet explorer that would be great depending on whether it is even possible, or if not explain why it can't be helped.

Thanks everyone
x
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
CharlesEF
post Jun 27 2014, 03:16 PM
Post #2

Programming Fanatic

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,088

There are 2 requirements, that I know of, 1 is '&vq=hd1080' and the other is Flash 10.1. Check your Flash version to be sure. Firefox would use the plug-in (which you say works), IE would use ActiveX and I don't do Chrome so you have figure that out yourself.

This post has been edited by CharlesEF: Jun 27 2014, 03:19 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:42 AM