Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nested html pages, Jumping between page locations
RichSall
post Apr 16 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,539

I am trying to jump back to a specific location within my main index file (not framed) without displaying the whole page again. Part of the index file is a recipe section. When I click on the recipe tab, I can select a recipe which opens up a small html page for that recipe. I want to go back to the recipe portion of the index file. The individual recipes are stored as html pages built from forms that are sent to me. (I have let my web site expire on the server and I am completely rebuilding the pages before I acquire another server so i don't have a link to my site at this time). My web page is a family oriented site and non commercial. I hope the explanation of my problem is understanable. The recipes html pages are not part of the index.html page, and I can't jump back using the url of <a name=""></a> because the pages aren't connected.
Thanks from a new forum member.

This post has been edited by RichSall: Apr 16 2007, 07:02 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Apr 16 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Can't say I fully understand what you want to do. To start somewhere, does this answer your question?
http://htmlhelp.com/faq/html/links.html#named-anchor
User is offlinePM
RichSall
post Apr 16 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,539

I want to jump back to a "A name="xxx" target in my main index without displaying the complete web page, the jump will be from another html page. Does this help?
User is offlinePM
Dr Z
post Apr 16 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(RichSall @ Apr 16 2007, 04:56 PM) *

I want to jump back to a "A name="xxx" target in my main index without displaying the complete web page, the jump will be from another html page. Does this help?

If you want each recipe to be a an independent html page, I do not know how you can do it.

However, two options come to mind to achieve this:
1 - Insert an iframe in the index file where the recipes are to be displayed and, from the menu, target each recipe html page to this iframe.
2 - To put all the recipes in the index file and use anchors, as Pandy suggested.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Apr 16 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #5

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

What do you mean by "without displaying the complete web page"? Do you want to display just a section of it and the rest would be blank or what? unsure.gif
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:25 AM