Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Public Drive Issues, Problems in using HTML from public shared drive
skania
post Feb 26 2016, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,025

Hey all

I have recently started learning and developing my HTML skillset, but I am running into an error of which I cannot find a solution.

For work, I am trying to set up a simple HTML document for my department to use. In creating the HTML, CSS, and JS files, I used a folder on my desktop. When copying this folder, and moving it to our public shared network folder, the page is not displaying the same, and the functionality is not present.

The sheet is basically a series of paragraphs, similar to a database or dictionary. Each section includes a descriptive sentence, and a section of SQL code that the sentence describes. Below each code section is a "Copy Query" button, which I used clipboard.js to create.

On the desktop version, opening in IE, this file works fine and the intended selection is copied when hitting the button. However, on the network version of this HTML file, the copy button does not work, and the CSS styling looks slightly different.

Any help understanding the difference between local hosting and public drive hosting of this file would be greatly appreciated! Or if I am moving in the wrong direction asking for advice, that would also be appreciated.

Files can be provided if necessary.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:12 PM